Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Replacing a cam belt on a 2006 Focus.

George. 1991

Hello to you all.

I need some advice on replacing a cam belt on a 2006 Focus. Can anyone help me with some useful solutions...?

George.  

Did I hear a baby crying in the back ground towards the end of that video clip!? 

Anyways, nice trick.

18 minutes ago, George. 1991 said:

Did I hear a baby crying in the back ground towards the end of that video clip!? 

Anyways, nice trick.

Ha, yeah, I think someone has recorded their tv and posted the clip.

Ask him about changing the tensioner or guide/deflection pulleys. A trick of use to absolutely no one who intends on doing the job properly.

11 hours ago, stef123 said:

Ask him about changing the tensioner or guide/deflection pulleys. A trick of use to absolutely no one who intends on doing the job properly.

Tbf he did change the tensioner on that programme...held the belt under tension with a cable tie while swapping them over.  It was actually a pretty good idea but has now spread across the forums with lots of people thinking they can just swap a cambelt in 30 seconds. :laugh: 

It also won't work on a lot of cars because of the lip on the crank pulley lol.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, George. 1991 said:

Hello to you all.

I need some advice on replacing a cam belt on a 2006 Focus. Can anyone help me with some useful solutions...?

George.  

I say if you are unsure get it done professionally you can damage your engine if not done right

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Tbf he did change the tensioner on that programme...held the belt under tension with a cable tie while swapping them over.  It was actually a pretty good idea but has now spread across the forums with lots of people thinking they can just swap a cambelt in 30 seconds. :laugh: 

It also won't work on a lot of cars because of the lip on the crank pulley lol.

I can think of several engines where the crank pulley needs removing to remove the timing belt lower cover. Anyone who follows his idea deserves to get burned. Taking shortcuts with a timing belt 😩

Hi Mate

I can tell you from experience that the 1.6 has a floating crank pulley and does have to come off to change belt. you do need the correct pin that you take a bolt out of bottom of engine and screw it in to set bottom end and locking bar for cams.

get yourself a timing locking kit before starting also the crank bolt can be very very tight and you sometimes require a impact air gun to get it off.

however you can do it yourself at home but if you not sure get garage to do it costly if you mess up

Cheers 

Alan

• Like 1

Hi Alan.

At the moment in time I'm currently waiting for a quote on how much it will cost me to get it done at a garage...?

My Dad had recently had a cam belt changed on his 2008 Mondeo and paid £500.00 to get it done!

I was like What!? lol 

Hi George

Wow that`s high did he have chrome pulleys and chrome water pump fitted lol

Cheers

Alan

Hi George

When I had mine changed 3 years ago at my local independent garage, that I have used for 15 years, the cost then was £291.95. That consisted of 3 hours labour, the timing belt kit, new water pump, auxiliary and air con belts. and anti freeze.

Hi Alan.

Don't know because I wasn't with him at the time since he had it done at his brother's Garage up in York.

George.

Hi Guys

Managed to get a quote from TC Harrison Ford Centre Derby today for a Cambelt + water pump at £439.00

& I have just booked my car in for tomorrow to have it all done by via Professionals, so Happy days.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club