Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Where do you buy your Windscreen Wipers?

Albert27

Hi folks.

Haven't bought any in ages, used to go to Halfords but they always seem expensive for what they are.  Any recommendation on reasonably priced wipers?

Cheers!

No I haven't got any in my garage. Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I need some for my focus mk 3 soon also. 

• Like 1

I use the pound shop ones but change them every two months nice and cheap 😊

My dad buys them from euro car parts. For our cars he gets the Bosch aero wipers. Better than the single wiper that my Peugeot 107 had. 

• Like 2

And who buys Wiper Blades for £50 ??? Oh but they were £61.19, so must be a bargain now. Lol 

Screenshot_20190316-190950.png

• Like 1

Just now, iantt said:

And who buys wiper blades for £50 ??? 

Screenshot_20190316-190950.png

wow your joking 😮 

• Haha 1

You can always rely on a bargain from eurocarparts. 

• Like 1

You can get genuine ones Inc a rear one for £30 posted on eBay

• Like 1

Just now, iantt said:

You can get genuine ones Inc a rear one for £30 posted on eBay. 

is that good as I only use cheap ones 😊

Not cheap enough for me. I get the original ones cheaper than that though. Last set I bought was probably 2 years ago so ford ones last me well enough for the price I pay. 

2 hours ago, iantt said:

No I haven't got any in my garage. Lol 

I guessed not but thought you might have a windscreen wiper tree (Latin: Rainius Sweepus) in your garden!   Never mind!  Where do you get them cheaper than eBay??  Have you got a link to the eBay ones?  It's for the mk 2.5, haven't changed them in donkeys ages.

I dunno if I've just been conned, but I've bought a set of 'Vista Pro' from ECP for £8 lol.  Worth a go even if they fall off in the first rain shower.

I had Bosch wipers on my mk2, I put my reg into the Halfords website to get the correct part number then search eBay for the cheapest price.😎 AM469S for my mk3.5, I’ve yet to buy some though.

• Like 1

I only buy genuine ones from eBay these days...  Used to swear by Bosch Aerotwins but the quality of those has dropped in recent years.

Can often find a bargain if you look long enough.  The ice earlier this year wrecked my drivers side blade despite being less than a year old (would have to be drivers side!) but I found these within a week or so! :biggrin:  Yes that's a genuine unused pair of VW blades for £5 inc postage.  Box was a little tatty but who cares when it'll immediately be opened and chucked in the recycling! :laugh:

wipers.thumb.jpg.ca37046fb7aa7c0d61110caf807c4d87.jpg

If Euro Car Parts have a good discount code their prices can be reasonable. GSF Car Parts are the same.

I go for Bosch myself, currently a full set for my Fiesta (fronts and rear) on ECP would cost me under £30 with their PAT75 discount code.

Ford dealer i get a good discount so they work out at a good price £26 for my mk4 mondeo and £30 for my current car a Cmax.

@iantt might go check my service history booklet and see how much my dad pays. I'm sure he gets a discount. 

Don't know if they still do them but bought a couple of sets from Tesco, pretty cheap but effective 😎

• Like 1

• 31 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Don't know if they still do them but bought a couple of sets from Tesco, pretty cheap but effective 😎

Tesco still do them  £ 3 or 4 each 😊

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dezwez said:
  • Tesco still do them  £ 3 or 4 each 😊

Well worth it in my opinion 😉

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club