Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hostahousey

Come on guys surely some of you could contribute to some posts. Many posts have been unanswered for years !  Say something or the site might die.

16 minutes ago, Hostahousey said:

Come on guys surely some of you could contribute to some posts. Many posts have been unanswered for years !  Say something or the site might die.

I don't think this site would die to many members posting 😊

• Like 2

You can only answer if you have experienced it, and sometimes the description of the topic is so poor you havnt got a clue as to what it is.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pragmatix said:

You can only answer if you have experienced it, and sometimes the description of the topic is so poor you havnt got a clue as to what it is.

The title of this thread is a good case in point, its a very poor title.

• Like 2

As I type this, the site has had 754,700 posts on 103,479 different topics, so not clear what you think the problem is. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

As I type this, the site has had 754,700 posts on 103,479 different topics, so not clear what you think the problem is. 

Yep thats dying🙄

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Yep thats dying🙄

Lol 😊

• Like 1

At least it's woke some of you up  !  Surely the original posters could come back and tell us how thing have worked out since they started their threads. Some posts have been on years with no reports. Also can anyone tell me why a new post does not go to the top of the pile.

10 minutes ago, Hostahousey said:

At least it's woke some of you up  !  Surely the original posters could come back and tell us how thing have worked out since they started their threads. Some posts have been on years with no reports. Also can anyone tell me why a new post does not go to the top of the pile.

Some of us have been awake for a long time, more often than not people post get the answer they want then disappear of the forum, no point in answering post that are years old, and as i said not everyone has the answers, very easy to come in and criticise try answering some yourself.

new post does go to the top, well just under the two that are sticky.

3 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Some of us have been awake for a long time, more often than not people post get the answer they want then disappear of the forum, no point in answering post that are years old, and as i said not everyone has the answers, very easy to come in and criticise try answering some yourself.

new post does go to the top, well just under the two that are sticky.

well said 👍

• Like 2

What's a C-Max? 😉

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

What's a C-Max? 😉

I jest of course, but the Focus and Fiesta forums have 100 times as many posts between them as the C-Max forum. The Focus and Fiesta are very popular cars, and owners are more likely to join FOC to discuss their enthusiasm for them than perhaps C-Max owners who are more likely to post only when they have an issue. With less enthusiasts (and therefore experience) on the forum it's unsurprising that many of the threads go unanswered...

Think your right Tim, but as said before this thread has  got posters doing exactly what I was after. Before I changed back to a Ford I had a Renault Captur and that forum was very active . 

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

What's a C-Max? 😉

Its a car driven by old codgers  that no longer fix thier own cars and can no longer get into  mondeos😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, pragmatix said:

Its a car driven by old codgers  that no longer fix thier own cars and can no longer get into  mondeos😂

Lol 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Well it is in my case. Having said that its still fun to drive and suprise lots of other drivers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

I jest of course, but the Focus and Fiesta forums have 100 times as many posts between them as the C-Max forum. The Focus and Fiesta are very popular cars, and owners are more likely to join FOC to discuss their enthusiasm for them than perhaps C-Max owners who are more likely to post only when they have an issue. With less enthusiasts (and therefore experience) on the forum it's unsurprising that many of the threads go unanswered...

Tbh I think most CMax owners struggle with a TV remote let alone an online forum. :laugh:

I completely agree though, the Focus & Fiesta forums, as well as the general forums are plenty active enough.  This is about the only forum I'm still on now (despite not owning a Ford for the last 8 months!) as the rest have either closed down completely or are so quiet you can just watch the tumble weed rolling through.  Facebook groups are where it's at these days, they don't have the same structure as forums but for quick answers and a huge audience they work really well.

1 hour ago, Hostahousey said:

Think your right Tim, but as said before this thread has  got posters doing exactly what I was after. Before I changed back to a Ford I had a Renault Captur and that forum was very active . 

I wonder why Renault forums are so active... :whistling:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Tbh I think most CMax owners struggle with a TV remote let alone an online forum. :laugh:

I completely agree though, the Focus & Fiesta forums, as well as the general forums are plenty active enough.  This is about the only forum I'm still on now (despite not owning a Ford for the last 8 months!) as the rest have either closed down completely or are so quiet you can just watch the tumble weed rolling through.  Facebook groups are where it's at these days, they don't have the same structure as forums but for quick answers and a huge audience they work really well.

I can use a remote.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hostahousey said:

Surely the original posters could come back and tell us how thing have worked out since they started their threads. Some posts have been on years with no reports.

That is a very irritating feature of all the forums I have seen. So often, I follow a likely looking thread, it seems to be getting to an answer to a problem, then it just dies!

But not just FOC. In fact I would say FOC is better then average, just occasionally an OP does bother to come back at the end to say if he/she fixed the problem & how, but not often.

I guess 90% of posters come to a forum to ask a question. Most of the other 10% come for a chat, or show off pics of their favorite new / modded car - and nothing wrong with that! Only a small minority trawl forums looking for interesting questions to answer. FOC seems to have more than its fair share of those, though!

• Like 1

I think this post has got people talking, so that cant be bad .Well done guys.

12 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I think most CMax owners struggle with a TV remote let alone an online forum. :laugh:

Take a look and see

11 hours ago, pragmatix said:

I can use a remote.

Clearly you can also use a forum. :wink:  Hence I said 'most'! :biggrin: 

50 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Clearly you can also use a forum. :wink:  Hence I said 'most'! :biggrin: 

Somedays 😂 Funnily all this talk of Renault forums i used to be a mod on there.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, dezwez said:

well said 👍

I do and I have and only been on this forum for a few months

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club