Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 8 ST Mountune M225 upgrade

Eric Bloodaxe
聽Share

I see that Mountune are now doing this upgrade for the Mk 8 ST. The thing that intrigues me is that the upgrade and any future updates is done via a smartphone app and a bluetooth OBD adaptor, no PC/laptop required (which could be good news if, like me, you've never bought a new computer after your old one gave up the ghost馃榾).

Anyone intending to give it a try?聽

A few of my mates have decided against it because the figures are poor compared to other companies, lad I know is running 235bhp from a stage 1 remap tested on 2 dynos. Mountune you can keep your warranty afaik.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Mountune you can keep your warranty afaik.

Interesting one that. As far as I could see on the website and a publicity video I've seen somewhere, there was no mention of the base Ford warranty being retained, as it was with the MP215 on the Mk 7, for instance, though they do warrant their own stuff for 12 months.

The ability to keep Ford warranty was the Mountune usp, if that's not the case, then, as you say, you can get more bangs for your buck elsewhere.

20 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Interesting one that. As far as I could see on the website and a publicity video I've seen somewhere, there was no mention of the base Ford warranty being retained, as it was with the MP215 on the Mk 7, for instance, though they do warrant their own stuff for 12 months.

The ability to keep Ford warranty was the Mountune usp, if that's not the case, then, as you say, you can get more bangs for your buck elsewhere.

Just took a look and it's not Ford approved so get more bang elsewhere, never been a fan of Mountune to be honest (I like the badges though)聽when you can make more power with the same level of reliability from elsewhere and not to mention cheaper