Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Old age, it's a dreadful thing LOL

StephenFord
聽Share

This morning I went to open the boot of my MK2 Focus, on pressing the 'boot' button, nothing. Bugger, well at least it opened on the general unlock button. On getting back home, I tried again, then remembering that on my Merc, you need to hold the button in for several seconds, but again nothing, Then tried to do a diagnosis in my head. The other buttons on the remote work perfectly so unlikely to be a battery. so a last resort, looked up the owners manual to see if there was a 'what to do if it didn't work' bit. Then I saw it - you have to press the button twice in succession within 3 seconds! Honestly folks, try your best not to get old, it can make an awful fool of yourself! 馃ぃ

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Could've been worse, once you got it open you could have then left your keys in the boot and closed it!聽馃槀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep - been there, done that. Cost me 50 quid for a taxi home and back for the spare key (fortunately my house key was seperate), not done it again!馃榾

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Try your best not to get old.聽

Unfortunately the only alternative is dying young. No thanks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pcaouolte said:

Wow, I can tell you're not a Millenial! :laugh:

6 minutes ago, pcaouolte said:

According to the saying, "only the good die young" so most of us on here should be safe馃榾

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

This morning I went to open the boot of my MK2 Focus, on pressing the 'boot' button, nothing. Bugger, well at least it opened on the general unlock button. On getting back home, I tried again, then remembering that on my Merc, you need to hold the button in for several seconds, but again nothing, Then tried to do a diagnosis in my head. The other buttons on the remote work perfectly so unlikely to be a battery. so a last resort, looked up the owners manual to see if there was a 'what to do if it didn't work' bit. Then I saw it - you have to press the button twice in succession within 3 seconds! Honestly folks, try your best not to get old, it can make an awful fool of yourself! 馃ぃ

I know what you mean聽馃槃

1 hour ago, WES180 said:

Could've been worse, once you got it open you could have then left your keys in the boot and closed it!聽馃槀

I did this once. Fortunately for me, I'd already opened the rest of the car first. Now I always check that I have the key on me before closing the boot.

• Like 2

I always carry 2 keys on 2 separate聽聽key rings.This strategy has saved me a lot of inconvenience and potentially money馃憤

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, williamweb said:

I always carry 2 keys on 2 different聽key rings.This strategy has saved me a lot of inconvenience and potentially money馃憤

I'd go for 3 sets just to be extra safe because you never know.......!聽馃槈

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I'd go for 3 sets just to be extra safe!聽馃槈

Now that聽would confuse my old brain馃槣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, williamweb said:

I always carry 2 keys on 2 separate聽聽key rings.This strategy has saved me a lot of inconvenience and potentially money馃憤

I have a set wife has a set and a spare set at home so I should be ok聽 if I can remember were I live ha ha馃槂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dezwez said:

I have a set wife has a set and a spare set at home so I should be ok聽 if I can remember were I live ha ha馃槂

The only thing that really freaks me out to be honest is my wallet.I鈥檓 continually seeking reassurance that it鈥檚 in my聽pocket.I know it's their but it still freaks me out and I have a big panic ha ha usually when I鈥檓 behind the wheel 馃槸

• Like 1

O C D that's bad now were me keys聽馃檪

4 hours ago, williamweb said:

The only thing that really freaks me out to be honest is my wallet.I鈥檓 continually seeking reassurance that it鈥檚 in my聽pocket.I know it's their but it still freaks me out and I have a big panic ha ha usually when I鈥檓 behind the wheel 馃槸

I often panic that I've forgotten my keys while driving...聽 I don't even have keyless start so the keys have to be in the ignition... :laugh::lol:

Phone, wallet and watch are also checked frequently lol!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, WES180 said:

I've done that twice now. Only realised that I'd done it when the boot auto reopened. Keyless you see, the car knows that the key is locked in the boot and re opens.

• Like 1

When you got the boot open, did you remember why you wanted to open it?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, jeff-d said:

I've done that twice now. Only realised that I'd done it when the boot auto reopened. Keyless you see, the car knows that the key is locked in the boot and re opens.

Lucky mate. Keyless is scary though.

4 hours ago, jeff-d said:

11 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I often panic that I've forgotten my keys while driving...聽 I don't even have keyless start so the keys have to be in the ignition... :laugh::lol:

Phone, wallet and watch are also checked frequently lol!

If you look at me before I leave the house, I look like I'm doing a Bavarian dance, slapping my ***** and legs making sure I've got everything聽

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, YOG said:

Lol聽馃檪

10 hours ago, YOG said:

OK, now you're just taking the p**s! LOL 馃榾

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club