Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't you just hate...

Dan_C

When you park up and your tyres grind against the kerb when turning? This happened earlier and when I checked the back wheel trim was scratched slightly. 

Will I get a puncture now? I can't see any obvious marks on the actual tyre, hopefully the wheel trim took most of the brunt.

My dad did this and he had a puncture after a few miles of driving, I hope this don't happen to me.

I don't think you will get a puncture I've done that a few times 🙂

***** hope not, only just got it back after some bodywork repair after a builder dented it (He did pay for it though, mind).

Might just get some new trims anyway. Just ***** off cos it was given a good clean and those wheel trims were all nice and shiny!

Just now, Dan_C said:

***** hope not, only just got it back after some bodywork repair after a builder dented it (He did pay for it though, mind).

Might just get some new trims anyway. Just ***** off cos it was given a good clean and those wheel trims were all nice and shiny!

its easy done just get some new trims

Would rather pay for new trims than new tyres haha.

A possible bad sign was when still I had to turn the steering wheel quite strong to realign which is what caused those scratches.

2 minutes ago, Dan_C said:

Would rather pay for new trims than new tyres haha.

A possible bad sign was when still I had to turn the steering wheel quite strong to realign which is what caused those scratches.

makes you sick don't it🙁

Could have been worse - at least you didn't scuff an expensive alloy wheel.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Could have been worse - at least you didn't scuff an expensive alloy wheel.

true 🙂

Well like I said hopefully I got away with just a few scratches. I know its a low profile Fiesta but still, just pee'd off I did it.

I'm terrified of doing it to my ST - low profile tyres and alloys that sit proud of the tyre... 😬

some tyres have a thicker bit of rubber  that sticks out further than the edge of the rim, I had some Barum styres on my Fiesta alloys years ago that were designed like that. helps protect the edge of the alloys. Didn't seem to matter too much to the tyre as it was like an extra thick bit there that could take some punishment.

Anyway, when you scrape down the kerb it is always best to check the side of the tyre for damage. Occasionally a bit of kerb might be a bit of sharp broken jagged concrete that might put a cut in the tyre, and it is better to find this by checking than finding out when you get a blow out half hour later at 70mph.

My current fiesta has steel wheels and the original ford plastic trims. The other day when pwrking I scraped against a jagged concrete kerb where the road had extreme camber and cut a hole in the wheel trim where it pinched between wheel edge and kerb. Looks horrible now, but tyre OK luckily.  But always best to check the tyre

36 minutes ago, isetta said:

some tyres have a thicker bit of rubber  that sticks out further than the edge of the rim,

I thought I'd kerbed mine recently, but found to my relief that the Michelin PS4s sit slightly proud of the standard 17" rims so got away with it!😀

• Like 1

Tyres with rim protectors are getting pretty common nowadays with so many low profile tyres around, always worth checking if they have them when buying new tyres.  I don't know why it's not a standard feature on all decent brands yet, there's no downside to it except a little extra production cost. 

It also makes it easier to apply tyre dressing right to the egdes without getting it all over the rim lol. :biggrin: 

I thought I'd kerbed mine recently, but found to my relief that the Michelin PS4s sit slightly proud of the standard 17" rims so got away with it![emoji3]
Another good reason to buy Pilot Sports...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Went out to check again this morning as its lighter and took a few photos.

First pic is the back wheel on the driver side:

https://imgur.com/ixM4vow

Second pic is the front wheel:

https://imgur.com/qhUHlFb

Few scuffs but not much (if any) damage to the tyre?

1 hour ago, Dan_C said:

Went out to check again this morning as its lighter and took a few photos.

First pic is the back wheel on the driver side:

https://imgur.com/ixM4vow

Second pic is the front wheel:

https://imgur.com/qhUHlFb

Few scuffs but not much (if any) damage to the tyre?

Umm...those are alloy wheels, not wheel trims... :unsure: 

dint think the fiesta had wheel trims on there defo alloys 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club