Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sat nav installation

LazyHazy

Hi @Bannko, I have a 2016 Kuga with Sync 2. Would you be able to send me details of how to install sat nav? Thanks so much!

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko - you seem to be legendary in these parts 😀  Like others that have gone before me, I have recently purchased a 2016 Kuga that has Sync 2 with GPS enabled for assistance (shows as "Information" on home screen) but no Nav activated.  I'd be grateful for any advice / assistance as to how I can activate the nav. 

Many thanks 

• Like 1

Hi Bannko,

I've a 2015 Ford C Max Titanium X with reversing camera. Can I trouble you to send me the instructions to upgrade to satnav please.

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko I have a 2016 smax I've just acquired with sync2 but no satnav.  Any assistance in enabling this depths be greatly received.  Many thanks in advance!   

• Like 1

afternoon

help please...just aquired 2016 ford focus  titanium navigation with sync 2  advertised with satnav.. touchscreen with globe showing insert sd card....SD card came with car (europe f5 on card)

I cannot find any sd card insert point,,,,only usb point  looked in manual wihich indicates (if fitted) would be next to usb

so question is can is there even a sd card insert point and if not why would sd card come with car...i would love to make satnav live if possible

@banko the instructions to do it as asked for by many others would be great,,,(email)  i may be slow but it seems odd to me to issue a sd card without a slot to insert it

car was purchased as a complete surprise gift to me by elderly mother as a surprise and sales blurb i have seen set sat nav ..everything else with car is teriffic and satnav is not vital to my world but would be good to enable it if possible..

@NZ ENZ OF THE WORLD hi mate, your sync2 is a sat nav unit as you have there the text saying "insert sd card" and the SDcard slot is hidden in your armrest, over there you will find second USB port 😉

• Like 1

As you said it would be it was!  Under the armrest indeed...i would not have found that before brexit gets finalised...Thank you so much for the answer ..My wife has pointed out that yet again i have needed help to find something under my nose(or in this case arm..)  might even make use of it now it functions...Thanks again

• Like 1

Haha you are welcome pal, many safe miles 😉

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 11:31 AM, Sheet Lightning said:

Hi @Bannko - you seem to be legendary in these parts 😀  Like others that have gone before me, I have recently purchased a 2016 Kuga that has Sync 2 with GPS enabled for assistance (shows as "Information" on home screen) but no Nav activated.  I'd be grateful for any advice / assistance as to how I can activate the nav. 

Many thanks 

Just to say folks....I am up and running thanks to @Bannko Could not recommend highly enough! Cheers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon @Bannko recently bought a Kuga Titanium X that has Sync 2 with GPS but no sat nav. Could you send me the details on how to update to enable the sat nav, the car is on PCP so i was wondering if the its something extra that stays in the car or is it a once installed its hidden?

@Notsopro hi pal. After activation it will stay in car forever but there is a way how to hide it from the screen if you would like to do it later. Is that ok for you? 

@Bannko

New to the forum and just bought a 2015 Mondeo without sat nav, it is the Sony sync 2 head unit. As others have said, may I trouble you for help with activating the sat nav option please?

J

• Like 1

Hi I have just purchased a mondeo 2015 style and has sync 2 can I please trouble you as I want sat nag to be enabled 

• Like 1

@Bannko Revitalised my old account..... Trying to assist my brother getting SATNAV to work on his 16 Reg Focus Estate Titty-X which he has just purchased. We were both expecting it to have SATNAV as standard being top-of-the-range model (complete with full leather and £800 paint) ?!?

Could please let me have the secret knowledge to do this. Many thanks in advance

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko I have been to test drive a lovely 2016 Kuga today. Was all going well until salesman said it didnt have sat nav and his pal in salesroom said it couldnt be added. It has a sd card reader and USB connection plugs. It is Sync 2 at the moment. I am quite disappointed about it. I have only the free version of Forscan but have a writable ELM lead. Please could you PM me on how to enable Satnav please.....? Thanks in advance...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Bannko could you please email me instructions on getting Sat Nav to work for my parents car please, they aren't tech savvy like myself and have asked me to look into it a quick google lead me in your direction. According to the sales blurb the guy said they have to bring it in, so they can upgrade their entire system which I can imagine won't be cheap, I've told them non-sense I'll bet you, it's just a software lock out. I'm hoping you can help them save a bit of cash.

Their car is a Ford Kuga 2015, they have I believe the Sync 2 in it, it says Information System at the top right hand corner and they also have the elusive SD card slot.

Many thanks for the awesome work you do for other people, keep it up 😄

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Bannko can I get the instructions for the navigation to work please. I have a 2016 kuga with sync 11 that i would love to enable the sat nav.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi,

Just wondering if the traffic information should also work after installing the navigation?  I've set it all up and working fine, but I've never seen a traffic alert - all settings are turned on for this.  Or do I need anything additional to get traffic working?

@mike6688 yes, traffic announcements are received via your radio unit (ACM module ) and it must support the TMC (traffic message center) function. As your car was not factory equipped with sat nav it is normal that your radio is without that function.

Anyway don't be sad, the traffic announcements in Sync2 are very poor and usually don't reflect current situation on the road. I have had only bad experience with them and started to ignore them. For traffic are always best online navigations unfortunately. 

Hi, i've watched the videos on how to install nav on a sync 2 and have all the bits ready in my eBay basket, but is there anyone in north kent that has the equipment already and fancies earning some beer tokens? 

Hi @Bannko, I have a 2016 Kuga with Sync 2. Would you be able to send me details of how to install sat nav? Thanks so much!

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko recently bought a 2015 focus titanium x with sync2 but sadly no Sat nav. Would be grateful if you send me details of how to enable. Many thanks

Mick

• Like 1

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to @Bannko great instructions and was there every step if I needed any help! Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Bannko I have a 2015 focus with sync2.  Can you please send me the sat nav installation instructions? Thank you!

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko, just bought a 2016 ranger 2.2 limited,has sync 2 but no sat nav, have bought an sd card, could you please send instructions how to activate the sat nav

best regards

andy

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club