Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sat nav installation

LazyHazy

Hi @Bannko Recently purchased my second C Max (2015) but no nav. Gives CCPU S/W version 4.32.14073_ PRODUCT Have done a lot of reading up about ELM cables and forscan if you could help with instruction re Sync 2 that would be great. 

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko i have just bought a 2015 Focus ST-3 with sync 2 and would love the instructions if you don't mind? some fantastic work here you are doing!

thank you in advance!

Carl 

• Like 1

Huge Thank you to @Bannko !! Another happy customer here!! He is excellent and helps you with any issues you may have. Although I had none and it worked perfectly!

• Thanks 1

Massive high fives going out to @Bannko followed his Instructions from start to finish and yet again..... another happy customer!

Thanks for keeping this post alive..... 🙂 

• Thanks 1

@Bannko appreciate this post is originally from 2018 but wondered if you still have the instructions available to activate the nav on sync 2. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It works! 

very simple to do and great instructions from Banko.  Always a bit nerve wracking when you start fiddling with your car's brain but this is simple.

The additional navigation screen also works.  I wish I could test it now but with the lockdown in place I'll have to wait.

Thank you Banko!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks go to @Bannko for help getting nav set up 😉 great to have it working.

• Thanks 1

Hi @Bannko I believe it’s Sync2 I have. Full touchscreen, 2016 Focus ST. 

Can you send me instructions on what needs to be done for Sat Nav install? If it helps I have a 2017 Focus Titanium as well which has the sat nav already. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2020 at 8:05 AM, The Finance Guy said:

• Like 1

Hi @Bannko I have a  Sync2 full screen without sat nav and would like to upgrade to navigation

If possiable could  you help me with the instructions on what needs to be done for Sat Nav install? If it helps I drive a 2017 Lincoln Mkx  similar to ford Edge but the radio has EU frequencies export model Many Thanks

7 minutes ago, Bonnie boy said:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Bannko

Hi mate...bought Kuga 66 plate with sync2...going bald but almost down to the skin now pulling hair out haha.

No satnav in my car...could you help with what i need and instructions on how to do it before i decide to either smash up the console or just drive the Kuga into the River Mersy...

Thanks mate

Shaun

• Like 1

@Bannko

Hi mate, also looking to install satnav onto my Sync2, if you could PM me the instructions it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Rikki

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @Bannko, 

another one for requesting the Sat Nav install instructions please. I have a 2015 Mondeo with Sync 2.

I would be grateful if you could PM me the instructions. Thanks in advance. George.

@Bannko

Hi mate,

Another one who would like sat nav on my car after being told by the dealer it was included! Haggled with the dealer to get some kind of refund due to being given wrong info!

If I could have the instructions on how to do it, would be amazing please

👍

• Like 1

Hi Bannko you seem to be the man here!  Is it possible I can have the instructions to code the sync 2 to nav please 😊

Edited by GlenGray
Spelling
  • Like 1

@Bannko is really THE MAN here, thank you for your help. I already sent you one PM. If possible, could you kindly send instructions? Hopefully I will be one more here with sat nav activated. 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bannko, you must be sick of this, but i'm having problems installing the satnav on my 2016 kuga titanium x. So far i have checked the software and apparently the ford page says i'm up to date (3.08), but in the system menu it does not have any navigation application setting but says 'Sirius esn no sat radio',i have the four segment display with the compass in the top right quarter

I've purchased the OBD 327 500k module..

purchased the sd card with f8 maps

Downloaded forscan onto a usb stick(fat 32) with extended license.

Downloaded the navipatch.png onto the usb as well.

I've got right through to restarting the ignition after changing the APIM to 041C

I've no idea what i'm supposed to to with the navipatch and nothing has changed on the screen, it still shows information in the top right and entering the sd card does nothing.

Where am i going wrong????

thanks so much, hope you can help.

mick

• Like 1

As we already discussed via PM, but i will write it also here as a general advice. It is good when someone is running an older version of SYNC2 mostly the versions starting with 4.xx to update to a 3.08 or even to the latest 3.10.

I've recently purchased a Ford Focus 2016 model fitted with Sync 2 but no Satnav. Could I trouble you to send me your instructions on how to enable it please.

Thank you very much in advance.

Dan

• Like 1

Hi all

I seem to have similar problems to Mickyas used forscan to activate satnav looks all good loaded a navipatch  globe become smaller and above that it says insert sd card but when i insert the card nothing happens does not say navigation can any body put me in the right direction as to where i have gone wrong or what i an not doing 

Many thanks

@Chas.c are you still running the 3.08 SW version? In case that yes, just do a fresh update to a 3.10 and don't forget to master reset the unit after that.

For UK region download lang pack no.5 and update the unit.

• Like 1

A big Thanks Bannko that's all mine needed was the fresh 3.10 install I now have satnav Thank you again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Bannko,

I just bought a 2016 focus zetec with sync 2  but was disappointed to find out it doesn’t have sat nav. Please could you send me the instructions on how to activate the Sat Nav?

Many thanks in advance,

Ed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club