Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sat nav installation

LazyHazy

Hi all, first post after purchasing a 2015 Focus with Sync 2. Couldn't believe what I was reading regarding being able to unlock the sat nav after being told by Ford it was not possible. 

I see you've been hammered with requests for help, but if you could send on your instructions @Bannko it would be hugely appreciated mate.

Cheers

• Like 1

I've been trying to follow this thread since I learned that it's possible to unlock the satnav on my C-Max. And to find that it's still a live topic is brilliant.

@Bannko if you could send me the required instructions please it would be very much appreciated. I think I've got all the pieces of the puzzle now so I'm ready to have a crack at this.

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @Bannko
Could you possibly send me the details please as I have a 2016 Kuga without sat nav but it has the split screens.

I am a complete novice with anything like this so hoping it is fairly easy.

Thank you

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Bannko
Could you send me the installation info again please?

Offered to do the install for a friend but can't locate the instructions & data you earlier sent me.

P/M also sent.

• Like 1

@Bannko

Bought a 65 plate Kuga last year, and have been looking at installing Sat-nav for a while but put off by the price. Any chance you could provide all the information?

thank you

• Like 1

@Bannko any chance you could fire the instructions across please, hoping even i can sort this out 🤣

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Bannko would really appreciate if you could PM me the instructions for adding Nav to my sync 2, just purchased a 2015 Focus ST-3 which I assumed would have nav on it! Thanks in advance 👍🏻

• Like 1

We have recently brought a 2016 Kuga Titanium and have been disappointed that it doesn't have satnav but does have the 4 split screen suggesting it would be an easy upgrade to install it however ford wont help us and have stated its not possible which is very frustrating. #Bannko are you able to help us with this? we are prepared to take it to a garage and pay for it to be installed but struggling to find anyone who will help us is doing it ourselves maybe the only option. we have very limited knowledge about cars. any help is much appreciated, thanks

• Like 1

@Bannko

Would really appreciate if you could help me with my 2015 Focus with Sync 2 without navigation. 

• Like 1

@Bannko one more here 😄

C-max II with sync 2 , 8" touch screen and no nav 😭

In you could share, very appreciated 😘

• Like 1

@Bannko another one!

2015 Kuga sync 2, 8" touch screen no nav.

Would appreciate help.

Many thanks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Bannko could you send me info for Kuga 2016 sync 2 to enable satnav. Thanks in advanced 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2017 at 3:40 PM, Bannko said:

This thread is about adding sat nav to SYNC 2. If you want that i can send you detailed instructions.
So if you want do to a swap to SYNC 3, for that start your own new topic and ask there 🙂

hello could you send me the instructions? and could you tell me which gps antenna to take for kuga? sync 2 

• Like 1

11 ore fa, Daniele kuga II 2014 ha detto:

Ciao potresti mandarmi le istruzioni? e potresti dirmi quali antenna da prendere per kuga?

si a me interessa montare il sync 2. Puoi spiegarmi cosa intendi quando dici di trovare una macchina con le stesse caratteristiche della mia per la configurazione? intendi una con già il sync 2?  o con il sync 1? Puoi spiegarmi ed aiutarmi su questo passaggio? grazie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Bannko Could you send me the instructions please?

kirstymoore11@icloud.com

• Like 1

@Bannko, I see you are very busy with the Fred's but any chance in sending me the instructions for Sat Nav installation on Kuga 2016 sync 2, 3.08.15128.EA.10_PRODUCT

Thanks

Fryer

• Like 1

Hi I have installed the sync 2 on kuga II and I have connected the gpsm module. The problem is that I have no GPS signal ... who can help me? 

Screenshot_20210318-163241_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a98ad0e3a799cd64b752c431fda89219.jpg

Screenshot_20210318-163232_Gallery.thumb.jpg.4bd19d46a8f7ba078ed9a93a4ca37256.jpg

Screenshot_20210318-163236_Gallery.thumb.jpg.23eabc52eba6cc8673fc458787110d27.jpg

Screenshot_20210318-163249_Gallery.thumb.jpg.21d5e023a0dfa8860a2054960ccdba81.jpg

@Daniele kuga II 2014 i guess you already retrofitted the SYNC2. Well only two things probably are causing this. Wrongly connected wires or faulty GPSM module? 

• Thanks 1

How can i test the gpsm operation? 

Certainly positive and negative are well connected. If I try to reverse the 2 wires that are connected to pins 16 and 17 of the apim connector, could I cause damage or shorts? I could try? 

or maybe I need to enable something with Forscan? 

i found this. Can you explain to me what these 2 components are? do they both serve on sync 2? 

Screenshot_20210319-105435_eBay.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2016 focus n what the sat nav  feature as mine says information is anyone able to do this for me cheers think its the sync 2 touch screen 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club