Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

focus st mk3 loccking issues

James Alexander

Hello all! i am a very proud owner of a ford focus st mk3 13 plate and really do love the car... however it has started the most irritating problem with the keyless entry.

when approaching the car the car will repeatedly open and lock itself (as if i were repeatedly pressing open and lock on the keys)! eventually it will let me in when its decided to stop, but will sometimes decide to lock again as soon as ive entered the car. scary part is it actually wont let me out again even with the key inside the car! i press the unlock button on the key and nothing. i have to let the window down and climb out! 

the other night my wife rang me on the drive way as she got back from work as she couldnt get out! i had to use the spare key to open the car for her!!! the car will still drive it just goes on lock down.

i got a new key coded at an expense of £240 hoping this would solve the issue but it hasnt. 

ive rang ford and they have never heard of this issue before apparently.

really hoping somebody knows what might be causing this....

Sounds like your getting a short somewhere. Do you know where the central locking module is located?

I confess I know practically nothing about cars but if this were happening on mine I would be checking for any water ingress, cable damage or corrosion on items that could cause this fault whether it be the central locking module or components in the doors themselves.

Maybe it's a problem with the keyless signal receiver in that it's sensing you unlock the car but then thinks your walking away again so locks and repeats the cycle?

Hopefully one of our resident experts will be able to assist you with some actual knowledge rather than guess work.🙂

• 9 months later...

I apologise for the very late response but I wanted to let you know you were completely right! A short was found in the rear door locking causing the issue... all sorted by garage that we bought car from!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club