Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Ford S-Max 1.6 Zetec TDCi Econetic Technology Query

Extrovert_UK

Hi All

I purchased a 2012 Ford S-Max 1.6 Zetec TDCi Econetic Technology car today. It was significantly cheaper so I bought it. Its been insured without any issues and drove fine. However, when I search google looking for s-max 1.6 zetec tdci econetic, I find no results whatsoever. Thus makes me wonder was the car cheaper because it was an import etc.

Could anyone please clarify whether its a legit car or not?

Whats the difference between 1.6 zetec and 1.6 zetec econetic please?

Should I be aware of any issues with econetic model if there is any?

Thanks

Econetic Technology is just a bit of branding, it's basically a badge they stick on the back of Zetecs or Titaniums etc to please eco warriors, it doesn't physically change anything about the car.

The actual Econetic spec models have different body styling for better aerodynamics and thinner tyres as well as a few other things for better efficiency.

7 hours ago, pragmatix said:

https://www.cars-data.com/en/ford-s-max-1.6-tdci-115hp-econetic-titanium-specs/15947 

that engine in other models focus and mondeo its a economy driven model and tends to be a bit sluggish.

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Econetic Technology is just a bit of branding, it's basically a badge they stick on the back of Zetecs or Titaniums etc to please eco warriors, it doesn't physically change anything about the car.

The actual Econetic spec models have different body styling for better aerodynamics and thinner tyres as well as a few other things for better efficiency.

Thank you for your response. I couldnt find a single s max with econetic branding on autotrader or eBay and got worried as to why there arent any for sale but if it was uk model then I am happy with the car.

Being a manual its feels quicker than my 2.0 tdci powershift s max which o hadly to sadly sell due to gearbox gone after 32000 miles. Never going to buy an auto again.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club