Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best standard radio for mk6/fusion

tlo

I need to update my radio and would love to keep it standard but I do need bluetooth at the least so I wondered what is the best ford/sony radio I could fit ? I have fitted audio controls and it would be nice if the bluetooth module wiring would be there as well . One last thing can the newer shape sony radios be adapted to fit the square facia of the mk6 thanks

I'm sure the Sony stereo which was found in some of the mk6s would be the best factory choice. Can't remember for sure if they had bluetooth. The mk7 stereos I don't think will fit due to the shape. 

• Like 1

As Zain says, the round edged Sony unit will be the best OE unit for a Mk6.  They were compatible with voice controls and bluetooth phonecalls (via the additional BT module) BUT I don't think you can music via bluetooth if that's what you're after.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-Sony-CD-MP3-RDS-FM-Stereo-Player-With-Code/323729288247?hash=item4b5fc4ec37:g:O9MAAOSwMUpchBab

The Mk7 unit can't be retrofitted at all due to it's shape.

• Like 1

if you want one with all the modern features I think it is best to get a generic android one or something like that and use adaptor plate and adaptor cables which are cheap on eBay. this does not involve any modifications that are not reversible eg. if you wanted to put car back to how it was for selling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, isetta said:

if you want one with all the modern features I think it is best to get a generic android one or something like that and use adaptor plate and adaptor cables which are cheap on ebay. this does not involve any modifications that are not reversible eg. if you wanted to put car back to how it was for selling.

That's a good idea, forgot about that. Theres a guy I watch called JayMono who has a mk6 fiesta ST and he bought a cheap android double din touchscreen stereo. You can browse the Web, use Spotify etc. He said the sound quality was a bit better than his previous aftermarket stereo. He bought it for £110 which I think is great considering the Sony stereos second hand are going for around the same. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks all for all the advice in the end i managed to get a sony dab radio out of a kuga that works fine for £60  all i need to do is sort out the bluetooth i need the module,mic and looms . I know the module and loom fits different fords but not sure which ones ,i can get the module but can not find the loom

To be blatantly honest, you'd probably be better getting something modern aftermarket (and built to plug in) with Carplay (or whatever the Android equivalent is called) rather than trying to make something else work and add modules and try and get them to talk by getting the right wiring, firmware, etc.  Just my 10p's worth.  

I have a mate with a Mk4 Golf with a recent pioneer radio that pee's all over my 2017 Zetec Nav in terms of features, compatibility, and even lack of lag (especially tuning DAB).  If you ever decide to change car of course you just move it across, and it uses your phone as a satnav for instance.

Thank you for all the advice lads I could fit an aftermarket unit but where is the fun in that:laugh: so far got the the dab to work fine  , found the plug for the module just need to find the plug for the mic . To my ears at least it sounds ok so I am happy , new Speakers and sub and I will be well away:yahoo:

• Like 1

Just a quick update the bluetooth module and mic arrived this morning and all fitted so now I have dab , Bluetooth and to top it off voice command as well :biggrin: now I know it works I want a module with usb :blink: