Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford SYNC 3 updates

Andyr55

Still the 0mb one for me. 17 focus sync 3.0

As I stated elsewhere I have had" try again later" for some time now . Ford still have software issue .Complain to them as I did and they'll update you . UKCRC@ford.com

Same here, my 2019 mk4 Focus is on version 3.3 build 18351 and I also get the "try again later" message regarding the map F8 update.

I will wait a little longer and if no joy I will email ford at UKCRC@ford.com as suggested.

Mine updated to 18351 a week or so ago and been getting the 'try again later' fro the maps update. Today the maps update is back to the 0.0mb  download of the Interrogator package that's not valid!. Will perhaps try the 'real' interrogator package again, that does work!!

Just tried and I am now being offered the 0.0mb (actualy 52.65kb) Map_54320_Update.zip file.

Therefore, unfortunately still waiting for the correct file.

Damn and blast after living in hope for the last two days the Ford udate site has gone from "try again later" to the useless 0MB file🤢. Whats wrong with Ford ? there's been a problem with the F8 map update ever since I bought the car in January , why can't they fix it and if they can't then remove the useless file from the site until they do. I e mailed them last Thursday but i'm still waiting for a reply.

So what the hell is going on now. 2 hours ago I checked website and there was a 1.6gb map update available. I downloaded and unzipped this and installed in car.It only took 15 mins and screen said update would work next time car was started. No difference navigation still on F7. Uploaded logfile successfully but website 2hours later still says there is a 1.6gb download. On checking this download .Under SyncMyride it only contains 2 files exactly the same as 2 files that were in the version 3.3 software update I did last week. Anyone else found this yet ????

In my experience once you upload a log file it can take up to a week to change as being up to date.

mine is still showing 0MB , I can't understand how the updates page show different files to different people.

54 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

So what the hell is going on now. 2 hours ago I checked website and there was a 1.6gb map update available. I downloaded and unzipped this and installed in car.It only took 15 mins and screen said update would work next time car was started. No difference navigation still on F7. Uploaded logfile successfully but website 2hours later still says there is a 1.6gb download. On checking this download .Under SyncMyride it only contains 2 files exactly the same as 2 files that were in the version 3.3 software update I did last week. Anyone else found this yet ????

Check your Sync 3.3 build version.

I had a small update like you offered me a couple of weeks ago which just updated the build version from 18201 to 18351.

It created a log file which I successfully uploaded via the ford website.

Having said that like you and many others we are still awaiting the F8 map update.

I was already on 18351. Website said software was up to date. This download was under map updates ??

6 hours ago, gillyallan said:

In my experience once you upload a log file it can take up to a week to change as being up to date.

Hope your right but sync3 software update I got a week ago was showing updated after about 10mins. In any case what I downloaded under map updates today wasn't a map update  but some of the version 3.3 sync software already downloaded . This is going from bad to worse in my case.

WHen I upgraded my Sync3 unit I uploaded the log file to Ford and it took 2 weeks before the F8 map update was available to me, it’s a 25G file.

OK so you had to wait two weeks before the correct F8 map udate came along, before then were you getting the 0MB update file ?

For the first two weeks it was as if the log file had not updated the server and I was getting a message to say I still needed to update the software, when it did register I got a message saying the update was available but it was 0mb. When I did get the F8 file available it failed the first 3 times a tried to download it, it takes an age. It’s now working perfectly in the car, my house is on a new development (2015) and it’s finally made the update!

Today the update site saying my maps are up to date. Up till then I had the 0mb update. 2017 model.

Iv,e have now lost the plot , ever since I bought the car in January the Ford download site has been showing either the 0MB file or try again later. At 8 this morning the site was showing i needed the useless 0MB upload, just tried again at 11 am and it is now saying my maps are up to date. I emailed Ford last week but they just said contact the dealer. Hopefully there will be an F9 version soon.

I was quite surprised when I read the talk of F9 on SD card, as it wasnt that long ago we had F8 on sync 3 and in turn F7 was only towards end 2018. I was thinking they maybe look to be doing twice yearly and so wasn't expecting F9 until maybe late August. That doesn't explain why it's on SD already though.
As much as I like up to date maps, any more than twice yearly is a bit of a pain. Sure you don't have to take it, but if it's there I will no doubt.

Ford Customer service really are hopeless. I've, eventually, got a reply to an email complaining about the lack of Sync updates and asking when the fiasco of invalid 0.0Mb updates is going to be fixed. Here's the gist of the reply

I am sorry to hear of your concerns and the inconvenience encountered; however, we appreciate you taking the time to contact us direct with your comments however as we are unable to inspect vehicles personally, we rely on the expertise of Ford Dealerships to thoroughly inspect vehicles and feedback the necessary information.

We advise that you contact your local Ford dealership who are best equipped to investigate this concern.

Absolutely useless....

Thats exactly the same letter I got, must be a standard reply

I am also now getting " maps are up to date". I guess that's progress as at least they've removed the rubbish 0MB download.After I emailed Ford several times they did respond by escalating the complaint and giving me a case manager. So I suggest everyone else asks for this.?

1 hour ago, Comares2001 said:

I am also now getting " maps are up to date". I guess that's progress as at least they've removed the rubbish 0MB download.After I emailed Ford several times they did respond by escalating the complaint and giving me a case manager. So I suggest everyone else asks for this.?

After being offered the invalid 0.0Mb file update for several weeks I have just checked and I am also getting the “my maps are up to date” message.

This is incorrect as I am still on F7.

So, the fiasco continues.

On 4/13/2019 at 6:06 AM, Comares2001 said:

Did mine 2 weeks ago as well but it's the F8 map update that's causing all the trouble now with everyone. Ford have big trouble with update and plan new release soon ???. Dont hold your breath

How do I check the version of map I have installed please?

On 4/6/2019 at 3:41 PM, PLB said:

Check your Sync 3.3 build version.

I had a small update like you offered me a couple of weeks ago which just updated the build version from 18201 to 18351.

It created a log file which I successfully uploaded via the ford website.

Having said that like you and many others we are still awaiting the F8 map update.

I have just done the software update and verified it on the Ford site, but when I look at the version on the screen it's showing software version 3.0 and build 18025, also, map version is an old EU 4 15, how can I update the maps please?

On 3/21/2019 at 9:34 PM, avi said:

Yes, I'm on build 18025 and recently updated to F8 maps.

I'm also on  build 18025 but my map version is EU 4 15, how do I update the maps please?