Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford SYNC 3 updates

Andyr55

5 hours ago, Martin222 said:

I have just done the software update and verified it on the Ford site, but when I look at the version on the screen it's showing software version 3.0 and build 18025, also, map version is an old EU 4 15, how can I update the maps please?

I stand to be corrected but I think sync version 3.0 is correct and the latest for the Mk 3.5 focus.

It’s the Mk 4 Focus that is version 3.3.

For the map update you have to enter your VIN number on the ford site and hopefully you will be offered the latest map update which is F8.

I say hopefully because if you read this thread there are many of us including me that have yet to be offered the correct F8 map update file.

You'll only get the map date download offered to you when it becomes available which it isn't yet because of problems at Ford as outlined on many posts on this forum and elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Comares2001 said:

You'll only get the map date download offered to you when it becomes available which it isn't yet because of problems at Ford as outlined on many posts on this forum and elsewhere. 

I am guessing there is nothing wrong with the actual update itself ie F8, and it is just a problem with the roll out. 

I say this because there are some, myself included, who are currently running the F8 update with no problems. I downloaded via the official Ford site about 2 months ago now.

20190412_213726.jpg

12 hours ago, PLB said:

I stand to be corrected but I think sync version 3.0 is correct and the latest for the Mk 3.5 focus.

It’s the Mk 4 Focus that is version 3.3.

For the map update you have to enter your VIN number on the ford site and hopefully you will be offered the latest map update which is F8.

I say hopefully because if you read this thread there are many of us including me that have yet to be offered the correct F8 map update file.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated, I have just been on the Ford site and it shows a map update, I attempted to install this but it failed to do it, the car screen said update completed but the map had not updated, then I read that the flash drive needs to be at least 32 GB and the one I was using is just 16 gb, so ordered a 64 gb and I will then try again.

19 minutes ago, Martin222 said:

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated, I have just been on the Ford site and it shows a map update, I attempted to install this but it failed to do it, the car screen said update completed but the map had not updated, then I read that the flash drive needs to be at least 32 GB and the one I was using is just 16 gb, so ordered a 64 gb and I will then try again.

How big was the update that you put on the flash drive?

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

How big was the update that you put on the flash drive?

On the Ford site it was shown as 2.6 gb, so I would have thought my flash drive was large enough, I will try again when the 64 gb drive arrives later this week.

The map updates are generally around 25GB zipped

1 hour ago, Martin222 said:

On the Ford site it was shown as 2.6 gb, so I would have thought my flash drive was large enough, I will try again when the 64 gb drive arrives later this week.

That’s isn't the map update, that is the software update to bring it up to the correct Build 18025. You need to now go back to the update site and upload the log file from the USB flash drive so that the server recognises you are up to date, then you would be offered the map update - although right now the update isn’t working so you won’t get offered it and if you do it will be a 0MB file. 

As said above, the F8 update is aprox 25G 

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

That’s isn't the map update, that is the software update to bring it up to the correct Build 18025. You need to now go back to the update site and upload the log file from the USB flash drive so that the server recognises you are up to date, then you would be offered the map update - although right now the update isn’t working so you won’t get offered it and if you do it will be a 0MB file. 

As said above, the F8 update is aprox 25G 

Thanks for that information, but I did the software and I am on build 18025, the Ford site then showed that there is an update for the map, (I have a very old 4 15), and clearly even if, as you say, there are currently problems with the latest map update, the fact I have been using a far too small capacity flash drive, meant I was always going to fail.  Hopefully, by the time I receive my 64g flash drive the problems with Fords latest map update will have been resolved, and thanks again for your input.

I like your optimism that Ford will fix the issue by the time you get your new drive. I wouldn't hold my breath though. Lol

• Like 1

Just checked again on the ford website and I am still getting the following message.

"You'll be pleased to hear your Maps software is already up-to-date"

No, I am not pleased because I am still on F7 😒

10 hours ago, PLB said:

Just checked again on the ford website and I am still getting the following message.

"You'll be pleased to hear your Maps software is already up-to-date"

No, I am not pleased because I am still on F7 😒

The F8 update has been withdrawn, so although there are some with F8 it is no longer available due to problems with the roll out. So as far as ‘official current updates’ are concerned, you are up to date. Apparently F9 is being brought out as a priority but that could mean anything

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

The F8 update has been withdrawn, so although there are some with F8 it is no longer available due to problems with the roll out. So as far as ‘official current updates’ are concerned, you are up to date. Apparently F9 is being brought out as a priority but that could mean anything

Ok thanks for the information. 👍

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 6:59 PM, Martin222 said:

Thanks for that information, but I did the software and I am on build 18025, the Ford site then showed that there is an update for the map, (I have a very old 4 15), and clearly even if, as you say, there are currently problems with the latest map update, the fact I have been using a far too small capacity flash drive, meant I was always going to fail.  Hopefully, by the time I receive my 64g flash drive the problems with Fords latest map update will have been resolved, and thanks again for your input.

I have now received the 64g flash drive, however, having updated sync and verified the installation, there is no option to update the maps, any idea where I can find this please?

I've also had the 0Mb map file issue.  Today I was offered a Software update of 2.7Gb (this will be second update in a Month).  This one says:

; SYNC3 Dealer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.3.16 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.

Will give that a try and see what happens!

25 minutes ago, Martin222 said:

I have now received the 64g flash drive, however, having updated sync and verified the installation, there is no option to update the maps, any idea where I can find this please?

As already explained the F8 update download has been withdrawn by Ford as it was corrupted. They are due to release a new version sometime ???

47 minutes ago, Martin222 said:

You can download the F8 map update from Ford here -

http://ivsu.eubinaries.ford.com/owner-package/10200162383365587409/Map_25017363174_Update.zip

6 minutes ago, DA-RS said:

Thanks for that link, after I did my last post I found the link that you had posted earlier.  It's taking ages to download, ever with my 70 mbps speed, I think their server may be slowed down by the number of people attempting to download the update.

1 minute ago, Martin222 said:

Thanks for that link, after I did my last post I found the link that you had posted earlier.  It's taking ages to download, ever with my 70 mbps speed, I think their server may be slowed down by the number of people attempting to download the update.

It’s a 25G download, and I think the server has a capped speed

I believe the server is throttled on some way,  if you have free opensource curl installed then you can download it from the command line with a resumable command thus - 

curl -L -O -C - http://ivsu.eubinaries.ford.com/owner-package/10200162383365587409/Map_25017363174_Update.zip 

then if theres an issue just rerun the same command and it will carry on where it was interrupted.

Or use another download manager of your choosing.

I am now downloading the above software from the source above could you answer a few questions ? 1/ Do you unzip like the other files from the Ford website. 2/ Will it invalidate my guarantee. 3/ Does it download a file on my pen drive at the end to tell Ford that the upgrade has happened.

I will be doing this on a Mk4 Focus with the latest sync3 software, the ford site is telling me that my map software is upto date.

many Thans

20 minutes ago, NortonSS said:

I am now downloading the above software from the source above could you answer a few questions ? 1/ Do you unzip like the other files from the Ford website. 2/ Will it invalidate my guarantee. 3/ Does it download a file on my pen drive at the end to tell Ford that the upgrade has happened.

I will be doing this on a Mk4 Focus with the latest sync3 software, the ford site is telling me that my map software is upto date.

many Thans

Its the same zip file the website would offer you,  your just downloading it from ford directly rather than clicking the link from the site.   Unzip it and copy it to the USB stick just like the ford instructions say.

I don't believe map updates create an xml file to re upload to Ford,  I've only seen them doing software updates not maps.

• Like 1

@DA-RS is right, there is no log file created. I think that once the system ‘gives’ you the map update it assumes you will install it and marks you as up to date.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Martin222 said:

I am having problems.  Downloaded the 25bg file, unzipped it to the flash drive which took ages, and when I looked it it, on the flash drive there were several files and again totalling 25gb, anyway I tried to update the car maps but all I got was something like "indexing USB files" and nothing else.  So I am lost as to what to do now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club