Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford SYNC 3 updates

Andyr55

25 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

I have updated my MK4 twice now. No issues

Just to be clear are you saying that you have just updated to the latest Sync Version 3.3 Build 19052 with no problems.

If so that's give me some confidence in attempting my update later.

19 hours ago, PLB said:

Just to be clear are you saying that you have just updated to the latest Sync Version 3.3 Build 19052 with no problems.

Yes and there's another further update that I installed this weekend.

It now only shows SYNC 3 on the version, not 3.3, I think they'll go off the build info from now on.

Follow the instructions on the website and make sure the USB is formatted to EX FAT beforehand 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, PLB said:

19052 is the latest build for sync3.3  I update mine ok yesterday . Still no F8 maps yet. Ford CRC told me last Friday that this issue has been escalated to high priority.

• Thanks 1

Iv'e updated from version 18351 to 19052 without any problems ( even using a Mac ) it is still showing software version 3.3. Where can you find out what the differences/improvements are with each update, to be honest I cannot tell any difference.

Another question, is the map supposed to show the speed limits on the screen like Apple and Google maps ? , mine never has done.

As a matter of interest, how long does the 18351 to 19052 update take to run ?

I was thinking of trying it without the engine on, just turning on the Sync system. On EU spec vehicles it's supposed to run for up to a hour before shutting off.

Another question, is the map supposed to show the speed limits on the screen like Apple and Google maps ? , mine never has done.

It does on my mk3.5 focus on sync 3.0. There must be an option for it. Unless you have the sign recognition, as funny feeling I've read before that doesn't show it for some odd reason.

4 minutes ago, ianincheshire said:

I was thinking of trying it without the engine on, just turning on the Sync system. On EU spec vehicles it's supposed to run for up to a hour before shutting off.

Takes about 25mins. So far can't see what's different

• Thanks 1

@Comares2001 thanks for that.

So far can't see what's different

I wouldn't expect anything else, probably just minor bug fixes. Although I suspect that you would need to be on the latest build to get any map updates ( if and when they appear🙄 )

32 minutes ago, ianincheshire said:

About 20 minutes

• Thanks 1

Regarding the current speed limit sign showing on the map screen, does that mean that because I have sign recognition I will not have it on the screen as well ?

So, i'm in a Mk 3.5 Focus, is there any way for me to get up to Sync 3.3, I'm currently running Sync 3.0, as there are rumors it fixes the incorrect reporting of vehicle Speed to Carplay (Specifically Waze)

Is it a matter of going to a dealer and asking, or is it just not possible?

23 hours ago, NortonSS said:

About 20 minutes

Did the update without the engine on, just turned on the Sync unit manually with the On/Off button. Update seemed to work ok, took about 20 mins as indicated above.

The About-> sync display now shows V3.3 Build 19052. It didn't initially, was just showing V 3 as someone else said, but after a few seconds it displayed the full build details. XML log file generated ok and uploaded to the Ford site. Lets wait and see if we get some map update now...

56 minutes ago, ianincheshire said:

Did the update without the engine on, just turned on the Sync unit manually with the On/Off button. Update seemed to work ok, took about 20 mins as indicated above.

The About-> sync display now shows V3.3 Build 19052. It didn't initially, was just showing V 3 as someone else said, but after a few seconds it displayed the full build details. XML log file generated ok and uploaded to the Ford site. Lets wait and see if we get some map update now...

Yes, just successfully updated to V3.3 Build 19052 and uploaded the log file.👍

As you say, let hope we get the map update. 

Done mine yesterday took about 25 minutes and uploaded log file, can't see that anything has changed.

Months ago I was offered 18351, updated and uploaded the log file. A few weeks ago I was offered the same download again. I unzipped the files and checked the hashes against the USB stick I used before - identical. Fortunately I still had the log file on the USB stick so uploaded it again. Fast forward a couple of weeks and the car has started asking me to connect to WiFi to complete software updates? Checked the website and was offered nothing new. Checked on my phone and was offered an update. Checked on my desktop and offered nothing? Eventually was offered an update after using an incognito tab and put it on the USB stick. Inserted in the car and saw "Updating system software..." for about 30 minutes, then that went and nothing happened. No confirmation, no change of version. Power cycled the car, nothing. Reinserted the USB stick, nothing. Did a factory reset then inserted the USB stick, updated fine with confirmation at the end.

TL;DR the whole process is flaky as f***

After downloading on PC and doing the update, I then upload confirmation to Ford website. 

I then email confirmation file to myself and do exactly the same from my phone. 

Otherwise when I check on my phone , it will keep offering the same update that was done from PC.

Hope this helps.

I had same issue and resolved it the same way. I guess the website must read the device IP address. Didnt happen after previous updates Wonder how a third party checks the status ?.

Incidentally Ford CRC emailed me yesterday to say their technical dept do not have a date for release of F8 maps for those of us who can't get it. I reckon the F7 maps are almost 2 years out of date now for my local area. What a shambles.

• Like 2

That’s disappointing regarding the F8 map release.

I was hoping for some progress after the 19052 update.

On 5/21/2019 at 5:01 PM, gillyallan said:

It does on my mk3.5 focus on sync 3.0. There must be an option for it. Unless you have the sign recognition, as funny feeling I've read before that doesn't show it for some odd reason.

My 2017 Tit x has sign recognition and doesn’t display speed limits on sat nav. 

I use waze or apple maps both have speed limits displays 

Not a fan of the sign recognition as it sometimes displays no limit or picks up the stickers on the the back of foreign lorries   I have seen speed limits of 110 on my display! Do you think I could use that as a defence if I get stopped for speeding😂😂

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 9:42 PM, TheCJGCJG said:

So, i'm in a Mk 3.5 Focus, is there any way for me to get up to Sync 3.3, I'm currently running Sync 3.0, as there are rumors it fixes the incorrect reporting of vehicle Speed to Carplay (Specifically Waze)

Is it a matter of going to a dealer and asking, or is it just not possible?

Isnt the speed in Waze the GPS speed - such that it will always be different to the car speed since the car speed, from the speedo pickup is always calibrate slightly over, to prevent a sticky legal situation for the car manufacturer, they err on the side of you going slower than you think so they can't be caught out with the driver getting a ticket based on a low reading.

Well, today on my daily check on the Sync update site, it offered me another update!. When I looked at the file name it was the same as the previous 19052 update. Anyway I downloaded it again and checked the autoinstall.lst , the file sizes and dates in the archive. They were exactly the same, so I just uploaded the log file from my previous update to 19052. Now the site says I'm up to date again🙄

Someone at Ford needs to get a grip on the update system🤨

Mine is still OK on mk 3.5, however I wish it would stop saying you'll pleased to hear you are up to date with maps. I'm not pleased, id be more pleased if there was an update, which is why I looked.

6 hours ago, ianincheshire said:

Well, today on my daily check on the Sync update site, it offered me another update!. When I looked at the file name it was the same as the previous 19052 update. Anyway I downloaded it again and checked the autoinstall.lst , the file sizes and dates in the archive. They were exactly the same, so I just uploaded the log file from my previous update to 19052. Now the site says I'm up to date again🙄

Someone at Ford needs to get a grip on the update system🤨

I had same thing happen to me a few days ago with same results.

I hope everyone else is complaining to Ford about these issues especially the lack of the F8 map update for certain vehicles. I have been onto them for some time and although still not resolved they are as a gesture of goodwill paying for my next service.

The more people that complain the quicker they will sort it out.

The more people that complain the quicker they will sort it out.

I had already complained, but have 'rattled their cage' again in light of the latest duplicate update...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club