Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford SYNC 3 updates

Andyr55

I had the intelligent speed limiter turned on my new mk4 vignale and not long after joining the motorway near basingstoke my speed limiter throttled the speed to 20mph and then 30mph which was down right dangerous. 

Before I disabled the intelligent speed limiter I notice the navigation system was showing my car going round in circles over Basingstoke even though I was on the motorway as if I was flying over Basingstoke, it seemed the gps data was incorrect and it stayed of the motorway while I was driving up the mk3, it only corrected itself once I stopped the car.

This happened before while i was on the m25, but in this case the intelligent speed limiter was not on.

I raised the issue with the dealer and they looked at my car and spoke to Ford, ford asked them for info from my car and asked the dealer to turn off the wireless system in my car and they asked me to disconnect my hardwired dash cam in case this was interfering with the system and I have been asked to monitor my car to see if it happens again and even telling me to go back to where I had the issues, but I told them its random and it was the gps inaccuracies that caused this even though they can find any issues.

So now it's a waiting game to see if the fault recurs but it now means I cant use the wireless feature in my car until the problem happens again

What maps version is your Sync3 running . If it's still on F7 and you cant update it then the GPS mapping and data is woefully out if date and you probably share the same problem as many others. I have already made a complaint to Ford that the Satnav and Intelligent speed limiter is not fit for purpose on my new vehicle and am waiting for response. 

I have same problem regarding upload xml confirmation file:

VIN: UNKNOWN. ESN: UNKNOWN. Unable to parse for initial peeks - malformed xml

On 6/21/2019 at 4:53 PM, jamieburchell said:

Offered the same upload so tried to upload the same XML file but got "Sorry, error, try again later!"

Looking at the data returned from the website though:

VIN: UNKNOWN. ESN: UNKNOWN. Unable to parse for initial peeks - malformed xml.

XML file looks OK to me so assuming something else they've c*cked up.

Hi,

Do you resolve the problem? I have similar "Sorry, error, try again later!" and the request return:

1. errorMessage: "VIN: UNKNOWN. ESN: UNKNOWN. Unable to parse for initial peeks - malformed xml."
  2. status: "error"
  3. statusCode: 400

• 2 weeks later...

Still on F7 and still being informed via the ford update site that I have the latest maps.

"You'll be pleased to hear your Maps software is already up-to-date"

Has anyone any information as to when we are likely to be offered an update.

Some have been told next year with F9 release . Not really good enough.

Wish we could do WiFi 

Just update my sync, that took 20 mins.  Maps says 80 though.  I don't drive for 80 minutes, not many do.  Looks like it's back to the idea of sitting on the drive connected to a trickle charger 

Updated to 19052 build in June, ford.co.uk says I have an update waiting.?

has 19052 be superseded? 

Mine still on 19052 says up to date. Could be same download repeated its happened to me before.Only one way to find out

6 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

Updated to 19052 build in June, ford.co.uk says I have an update waiting.?

has 19052 be superseded? 

I am on build 19052 which I understand is the latest but like others I am eagerly awaiting a map update.

Let us know what your offered update turns out to be.

As mentioned earlier:

Ford Technical have also confirmed that the F8 Maps will not be available for your vehicle due to compatibility and will have to wait for the F9 Maps due out January 2020.

sad times.......

• Thanks 1

PLB the offered update is only 2.9gb so deffo not maps!

• Thanks 1

Its probably the sync3 update repeated even if offered under maps update. Ive had that happen twice. What a mess.

im still on 2.2 or 2.3 🙂 any changes ? on 3 ?

Its probably the sync3 update repeated even if offered under maps update. Ive had that happen twice. What a mess.

I can’t get my Galaxy to take any updates, you put the USB driver in and after recognising it nothing else ever happens. No pop ups or symbols, nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can sometimes take a while before upload starts or maybe more likely you didnt download all 3 folders/files successfully and /or unzip onto USB ok.

Hi can anyone tell me what sync i have from the software version (R5.6.6.1_R19113a) ive tried google etc and found nothing and my ford dealer is about useful as a choclate teapot. Any help would be appreciated

It can sometimes take a while before upload starts or maybe more likely you didnt download all 3 folders/files successfully and /or unzip onto USB ok.

Thanks, I will try to download it again to see how it goes. I’m not the best with this kind of stuff but this is proving particularly difficult.

After checking again the folder in the USB was unzipped, will try it in the car later.

Still nothing happening, looks like I’m stuck on whatever Build I’m on at present.

As a matter of interest are you unzipping with a Mac? Apparently that can cause issues

Still nothing happening, looks like I’m stuck on whatever Build I’m on at present.

As a matter of interest are you unzipping with a Mac? Apparently that can cause issues

No, it’s a windows system. To be honest I’m useless with computers, had to get the Mrs to unzip them. Going to start again with a new flash drive and download the update again at the weekend. Apart from detecting the usb nothing happens[emoji2369]

It works with FAT32 drives too, I think you just need to avoid NTFS.