Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford SYNC 3 updates

Andyr55

Keep us updated as to the results.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Keep us updated as to the results.

Had another go and it’s saying update complete. All I have to do now is send the log file. What could go wrong[emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Had another go and it’s saying update complete. All I have to do now is send the log file. What could go wrong[emoji2369]

With the check file it's best to send it and wait a couple of days before checking again in order to allow the database to update or it may keep offering the same update and not allow you to check for nav updates etc.

• Like 1

With the check file it's best to send it and wait a couple of days before checking again in order to allow the database to update or it may keep offering the same update and not allow you to check for nav updates etc.

Thanks, I will send it later and then leave it for the week before checking. It’s been a marathon but hopefully the next one will be easier[emoji1696]thanks for the advice[emoji106]

7fd215c16763a324131994443705f8de.jpg
Bingo, at long last[emoji106]

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 11:41 AM, Phil3747 said:

So what does that mean ???

I've just had to go out in the car and the maps have updated to F8 (the industrial estate that I couldn't find on the old maps is now on there) and the satnav tracking seems to work fine !!

Hi Phil, glad you have managed to get the F8 map update.

Can you please confirm is your Focus ST a 2017 reg or the new style focus 2019 reg?

It's a 2017 ST-Line....only just spotted the error on my profile, so will amend it....sorry for the confusion 🙄

im now sync 3.3 build 19052. is that pretty much up to date?? I have to say I can’t see any difference tho

• Like 1

im now sync 3.3 build 19052. is that pretty much up to date?? I have to say I can’t see any difference tho

Looks up to date to me.
Most of the update is probably more to do with patching software glitches and unstable elements than adding features.

Looks up to date to me.
Most of the update is probably more to do with patching software glitches and unstable elements than adding features.

Perfect, will keep checking for future updates. Could do with a maps one soon.

The map updates are generally around 25GB zipped

Do you need to unzip them pre upload??

10 hours ago, Phil3747 said:

It's a 2017 ST-Line....only just spotted the error on my profile, so will amend it....sorry for the confusion 🙄

That’s OK and thanks for the clarification.

I understand now how you were able to obtain your F8 map update. 👍

As you probably know those of us with the new style late 2018/2019 vehicles have not been offered the F8 map update due to apparently compatibility issues and we may have to wait for the F9 update in Jan 2020. :sad:

Yeah, I gathered that from the last 9 pages of disgruntled owners ...hope you get it sorted soon, people 👍

One minor glitch with the new download is that sometimes when I switch on, I get an information message saying that a download is about to start and it only goes away when I click on the okay button. I've tried plugging my phone into the front usb port (where I downloaded the update from) to see if that would clear it but it hasn't.

Anyone any idea how I can stop this message from flashing up ??

Do you have wifi updates activated?
If so just deselect it in the menu as it doesn't work in europe anyway.

Is there any chance they will ever get auto updates working over here, it would save an awful lot of frustration[emoji51]

Who really wants that you'd probably have to sit in your car all day with a wifi connection while it downloads.

Not really sure why you had so much trouble .I've downloaded unzipped and installed several updates without any trouble. Seems to me you did something wrong from the outset that caused all your problems.

25 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

Who really wants that you'd probably have to sit in your car all day with a wifi connection while it downloads.

Not really sure why you had so much trouble .I've downloaded unzipped and installed several updates without any trouble. Seems to me you did something wrong from the outset that caused all your problems.

The idea with auto updates is that you connect it to your home wifi and then it does overnight while i's parked up.

I know that's what's meant to happen but given Fords track record on this issue so far do you believe it would.

12 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

No...Wi-Fi updates wasn't on but just to try and clear it, I've just turned it on and then turned it back off again just to see if that works ?

Just noticed an option in the settings though that says "Master Reset"...but was somewhat reluctant to press that ??

I undoubtedly did do somethings wrong. I didn’t format the drive and the managed to split the sync my ride file. Hopefully it will be plain sailing next time.

updated to build 19052 while go but the ford site keeps telling me I have a new update.??I Download d the confirm file to ford.

is 19052 the latest? 

Dont really want to be bothered with this as F8 is not available due to ford inefficiency! ( do they really care for their customers once money has changed hands??)

12 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

updated to build 19052 while go but the ford site keeps telling me I have a new update.??I Download d the confirm file to ford.

is 19052 the latest? 

Dont really want to be bothered with this as F8 is not available due to ford inefficiency! ( do they really care for their customers once money has changed hands??)

Yes, Sync 3.3 Build 19052 is the latest version.

However, I do agree with you regarding the non-availability of the F8 map update.

Out of interest does anyone know if newly registered vehicles are being delivered with F7 or F8 maps?

As far I'm aware they were being shipped from around April /May with F8 loaded. I'm sure others here can confirm

When are Ford likely to confirm when F9 will arrive, that must be the next update for most of us now.

1 hour ago, Comares2001 said:

As far I'm aware they were being shipped from around April /May with F8 loaded. I'm sure others here can confirm

I can confirm that my May build Focus came with F8 installed.