Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford SYNC 3 updates

Andyr55

35 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

When are Ford likely to confirm when F9 will arrive, that must be the next update for most of us now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not until 2020 apparently.Not good enough. I'm about to fire off another complaint about this to Ford CRC . They've now dropped my original case as it's now in the hands of their tech dept. I think we all need to make a big fuss over this issue as it affects more than just sat nav eg intelligent speed limiter. In my view we have been sold vehicles that have features that are not fit for purpose and they dont seem bothered about rectifying this.

Not until 2020 apparently.Not good enough. I'm about to fire off another complaint about this to Ford CRC . They've now dropped my original case as it's now in the hands of their tech dept. I think we all need to make a big fuss over this issue as it affects more than just sat nav eg intelligent speed limiter. In my view we have been sold vehicles that have features that are not fit for purpose and they dont seem bothered about rectifying this.

Exactly, the reply I got from them was a stock answer type thing. Just confirmed the next update for my vehicle would be F9 but absolutely no idea when. These aren’t cheap cars and should be bang up to date with this stuff.

So it appears that Ford is shipping newly registered MK4 cars with F8 maps.

So why can’t they provide us with the F8 maps.

I understand they say it’s due to an incompatibility problem but as far as I am aware the Sync 3.3 hardware as fitted to our MK4 cars is the same as fitted to newly shipped cars.

So whats the problem. 

I think its because the download software on the website is incompatible with the Sync3 apim. If that's the case isn't there a way they could either send out an update to affected owners on USB  that would work or make an update available via dealers to install ??.

• Like 1

I have complained (again) asking if Ford can provide the F8 update on USB stick....

we shall see

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

I have complained (again) asking if Ford can provide the F8 update on USB stick....

we shall see

I've also done this. If everyone did it might have an effect.

Reply from Crc

We are aware of issues experienced with the update facility, and our Technical team are working to resolve these concerns as quickly as able; to ensure the facility is functioning correctly, and the relevant tools are available as necessary

We are expecting the next update to be released shortly, to provide both update for our vehicles and to address concerns that have been raised; therefore, we would recommend awaiting the latest update before reattempting. Alternatively, you are welcome to contact your local Ford Dealership for assistance with completing the update on your behalf, if you would prefer but this may incur a charge for labour.

So the same response they dished out 3 months ago.

Reply from Crc

We are aware of issues experienced with the update facility, and our Technical team are working to resolve these concerns as quickly as able; to ensure the facility is functioning correctly, and the relevant tools are available as necessary

We are expecting the next update to be released shortly, to provide both update for our vehicles and to address concerns that have been raised; therefore, we would recommend awaiting the latest update before reattempting. Alternatively, you are welcome to contact your local Ford Dealership for assistance with completing the update on your behalf, if you would prefer but this may incur a charge for labour.

Word for word the same as I got from them.

This is their response to me but I have a case manager. I have already sent them an appropriate reply.

Thankyou for taking the time to contact me.

I have investigated your concern further with our Ford Technical team, they have advised that based on all information on their systems, your vehicle is running on the latest maps software available.

Ford Technical have advised that there will be an additional update for your vehicle at the end of this year/early next.

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me

Oddly, my Mk4 built 15th May came with a slightly out of date Sync version, but with F8 maps.  I've since upgraded the sync to the latest.

I guess you couldn't use the F8 download for another car either as it is tied to your VIN.  I have F8 downloaded for my wife's Fiesta.

I don't understand the whole sync 3 updates at all, updated my successfully according to the system, it's build 19052 .

Now over the last week I've had to use an Ecosport (mine is a focus titanium X ) and it's sync 3 build was 18201, yet it had more functions than mine, I understand why mine doesn't have the ambient light setting as it was never on the car, but on the ecosport in the display setting there is "calm screen: which just shows the background and the time in the middle of the screen, also for the emergency assistance which I believe calls the emergency service in the event of a major accident, there was an option to list two personal numers it will auto call , these aren't on my system and why not ?

On the main home screen, in the phone section, mine just shows Icons for battery and signal strength on the ecosport the was the * icon for emergency assistance too.

Over the last few days my sync 3 has started to constantly ask if I want to switch on auto updates, gets a bit annoying considering they don’t work!!

I've refitted my tomtom in my Focus MK4 because the inbuilt SatNav is so pants.

tomtom gets quarterly map updates, user input and speed camera updates on a very regular basis. I've had the car 4 months and it was becoming a right royal pain in the harris.

Coming from a BMW the FORD SYNC system is a step backwards in many ways.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2019 at 11:19 AM, yourchoice said:

Hi,

Do you resolve the problem? I have similar "Sorry, error, try again later!" and the request return:

1. errorMessage: "VIN: UNKNOWN. ESN: UNKNOWN. Unable to parse for initial peeks - malformed xml."
  2. status: "error"
  3. statusCode: 400

Sorry, I'm not getting email notifications. Ford admitted there was an issue with the service. It's working again now.

I have the latest Ford Focus purchased October 2018 with latest firmware but only the F7 map. After following suggestions in this forum to complain to Ford CRC about map and speed limits being out of date, I received the same reply as everybody else. But I went back again and demanded compensation and a Manager was assigned to me and phoned by appointment. When they gave me the standard jargon that other people here received that an update would be issued either late 2019/early 2020, I said that my car was not fit for purpose and I demanded compensation, and they then offered me a ticket for a free service which I understand other members have also received. I suggest that everybody else who complains also demands a free service which hopefully will shake up Fords a bit more about this problem..

• Like 2

Well done! I was hoping someone else would do what I did.As you say everyone else affected should also demand compensation. In the scale of things its not a huge amount for Ford to pay out but it might make them rethink if they thought owners are getting together regarding this issue.

• 3 weeks later...

latest reply from CRC

Your case manager Lisa is out of the office today so I wanted to ensure you receive a response. 

As advised previously the F8 maps update would not be compatible for your vehicle therefore we would not be able to provide a memory stick for this and you will need to wait for the F9 update to be released. 

I hope you asked them for compensation. They have given me and some others here a letter authorising a free service when due.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any updates on this issue?

Ford are sticking to previous statement that we have to wait for F9 in 2020

It is possible to do yourself, all the v3.3 F8 map files have been found on the Ford servers, but it's one of those things that's best left if you aren't comfortable with a bit of tinkering.

• 1 month later...

Updating is a nightmare! The instructions bear no resemblance to how files should look like on your USB. After trying various combos and getting no help whatsoever from support, other than to book my car with a dealer (I was told by dealer who sold the car that it is chargeable, even though it's still under warranty), I finally succeeded. I even tried updating via WiFi but it took so long (over superfast broadband -- their servers are coal fired, I guess), I had to turn the ignition off after some 40 minutes sitting in the cold and 3/4 download. When I resumed, I had to start from zero kilobyte. Huh? In the end, here is how I did it:

When you unzip the downloaded file, it should look like following:

spacer.png

You need to then do the following before moving it to a USB stick:

1. Rename folder to SyncMyRide
  2. Remove "SyncMyRide\" from all file names (be careful not to remove what follows the back slash!)
  3. Drag out autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.MSA so both files are on the same level as SyncMyRide folder

The file hierarchy should look like following:

spacer.png

1. Ensure a USB stick is formatted as ExFat (in macOS, do a Get Info) and it contains no other files
  2. Copy the files to a USB stick, keeping the same hierarchy and transport it to your car
  3. Make sure your mobile is switched off or bluetooth turned off if it is added to Sync3
  4. Insert the USB stick into a socket, ensuring all other USB connections are free
  5. Start the car, at which point you should see an update is being applied message
  6. Keep the car running for approx 10-15 minutes (not recommended), or go for a drive (best practice)

Once the update is completed, upload the '.xml' file to the Ford Sync 3 site:

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

Click Confirm Your Update, and follow steps.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have recently ran an update for Sync 3 via a USB, all seemed to be okay, however Navigation is now in French I think, how do I change to UK?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club