Do Not Sell My Personal Information

seat belt alarm

eddie

can any one tell me how you stop the seat belt alarm going off , if i put some thing on the passenger seat it goes off , the car is a 2002 mondeo thanks every one for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

can any one tell me how you stop the seat belt alarm going off , if i put some thing on the passenger seat it goes off , the car is a 2002 mondeo thanks every one for your help.

Plug the seat belt in or don't put anything on the seat

or you could disconect the wiring to the seat.

TRY THIS

This only works on vehicles built from 4 February 2002. Before starting this procedure, make sure that: the handbrake's on, it's in Park or Neutral, the ignition is off, all doors are closed (and you're in the car), all the seatbelts are unbuckled and the headlamps are off.

[edit] Deactivating/Activating

Turn the ignition switch to position II. (Do not start the engine).

Wait until the safety belt warning indicator turns off. (Approximately one to two minutes).

Note: The next 3 steps must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure must be repeated. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.

Turn the headlamps ON then OFF.

Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times ending with the safety belt unbuckled. After this step the safety belt warning indicator will be illuminated for three seconds.

Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning indicator turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt. This will enable the belt minder if disabled or disable belt minder if enabled.

The following sequence will confirm the belt minder is enabled: The safety belt warning indicator flashes four times per second for three seconds. Three seconds with the safety belt warning indicator off. The safety belt warning indicator flashes four times per second for three seconds again.

The safety belt warning indicator flashing four times per second for three seconds provides confirmation of belt minder disabled.

After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete

it worked on mine no problem