Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Hybrid want to change from 16 to 18/19 Alloys

Morrisg

Hello

I have just become owner of Ford Mondeo 2.0 Ti-VCT Titanium 4dr Hybrid on 2015 plate.

Love the car only issue I have is I would like to upgrade alloy from 16 to possibly 18/19 inch.

Is this possible and does it affect fuel consumption efficiency using larger alloys.

Friend of mine has said car would need re calibrating as speedo what not have true speed reading if wheels changed.

I see the Vignale trim Mondeo HYbrids come with 19 inch alloys and from what I can see use same engine as my Hybrid.

Would really appreciate some advice.

2c07721c959446dc9de6f17fc67f7af2.jpg

Yes you would need to change setting on your car.  You can do this through a program called Forscan but you will need to purchsae a piece of hardware (under £20) to be able to do it.  There are plenty of guides out there on how to do it. There are even spreadsheets on here informing you which setting you will need to change. 

Does anyone know how much fuel efficiency will be compromised by if I put 18/19 inch alloys ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

As long as the rolling radius of either the 18" or 19" is the same as that of the 16" (wheel with tyre on) then there's no problem with any settings.

The only thing you'd notice is ride quality. On your 16's ride will be softish. On 19's you'll feel things like pot holes more.

• Like 2

As long as the rolling radius of either the 18" or 19" is the same as that of the 16" (wheel with tyre on) then there's no problem with any settings.
The only thing you'd notice is ride quality. On your 16's ride will be softish. On 19's you'll feel things like pot holes more.
Thank you just replaced Citroen C5 that had 19 inch alloys - felt pot holes very badly

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club