Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unable to play audio via Bluetooth

Jack Sear

Hi all,

Have joined the forum to try and solve this issue.

I own a Ford Fiesta Titanium 2011. I got the car second hand several weeks ago.

I quickly realised that the bluetooth didn’t work and have been trying to get it sorted.

I’ve had a new module fitted into my car. I can now connect my phone through bluetooth and use it for dialling numbers etc. but I can’t seem to play music through it. My USB line doesn’t work for music either.

The stereo I’ve got is the Sony one that I believe comes with all the Titanium models.

If I go onto the audio menu, it will let me select bluetooth audio or line in, but I can’t select iPod or USB.

If I select Bluetooth audio it just says ‘no audio device’, even though my phone is connected through Bluetooth.

Done a lot of digging online but not had much luck. Can my car not actually play music through Bluetooth or is there an issue?

Cheers!

It sounds like you have an earlier version of Sync in the car. The early versions of Sync (1.0) cannot play audio vi bluetooth, they can only be used for hands free calling. 
Line in is basically an aux input using a 3.5mm headphone jack

Do you have a USB setting in the stereo menu? If not then it hasn't got USB functionality. 
As for the USB issue, it may be that it is a charging point only and is not connected to the stereo in any way. 

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting back to me. Wondered if this might be the case, but I do have a bluetooth option and a USB option in the stereo menu. It just won’t let me select them. 

At the moment the USB will charge my phone but I can’t play music through it.

Before I had the new module put in, the display in my car would even show what song was playing on my phone when connected through USB, but the sound was coming out of my phone and not the car.

Image here of the options. It won’t let me select iPod or USB. 

It could be that the module which was replaced is the wrong type or it could be that when the module was swapped, something didn't get connected back up or some wires were damaged. 
The only way to tell would be to strip the console down and check all the wiring in the stereo loom and which BT module was installed.

I'm sure someone here will be able to assist further and tell you the correct module numbers for the version of sync you have. 

2011 Titaniums had the 6 speaker system with USB, Line In and BT Audio fitted as standard. So sounds like the new module thats been installed is inferior to the one (possibly broken) you had installed already. The AUX and Line In in the centre console is just a port extension from the bluetooth module so nothing so high tech there. Where is the old module? Could you compare part numbers from it?

Tricky

Edited by Eggsbenedict500

Thanks guys. Interesting. Annoyingly, I had that new module fitted today. I do remember the man who fitted it being confused by a red wire that was near the module. He wasn’t sure what it was for and I think he just left it. Think that could be it?

The old module is with the person who fitted the new one today. 

I wouldn’t have a clue where to start looking myself. Wonder whether I should take it back to him but he wasn’t sure himself. Any suggestions?

On 3/22/2019 at 11:32 PM, DJF10 said:

2011 Titaniums had the 6 speaker system with USB, Line In and BT Audio fitted as standard. So sounds like the new module thats been installed is inferior to the one (possibly broken) you had installed already. The AUX and Line In in the centre console is just a port extension from the Bluetooth module so nothing so high tech there. Where is the old module? Could you compare part numbers from it?

Hi Dave,

Afraid I've had no luck in recent days. On the verge of giving up, which is annoying as I may not have bought the car if I knew that the bluetooth didn't work properly.

Rang a different guy today who seemed to think that it could be a software issue, or if not, it would cost a lot of money to get the right module in. 

Rang the guy who fitted the module the other day and he doesn't know what it is and says he can't do anything else.

Any other suggestions? Could I get another stereo fitted that is bluetooth compatible etc.?

Cheers

Any help from others would be very much appreciated! Thanks 😊

What’s the model number of your Sync module? It can be found under the kick panel beneath the glove box. 

• 3 years later...

2009 Fiesta 1.6l TDCi Titanium. I also cannot play audio via bluetooth, only phone calls.

The aux menu seems to have bluetooth as an option though, so im not sure why that is.

Is the Sync module the bluetooth module? How do you know what version Sync is fitted? I can have a look for the model number.

Is it possible to upgrade the module so that I can play music via bluetooth? Or is a line in my only option?

The bluetooth on the 2009 model is for phone use only. It does not support music streaming

Send @Rowan112 a message to see what upgrades might be possible.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club