Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ka 2014 outside temperature sensor repair

juliep

My 2014 Ka has recently been showing the wrong outside temperature, about 10 degrees higher than it should be!

I know that the temperature sensor is on the underside of the passenger wing mirror. Does the whole mirror unit need to be replaced please or can I just replace the sensor?

I can't find any helpful info on the Internet!

Hope someone can help, thank you very much.

• 4 months later...

Hi, Did you ever get an answer or get this sorted? My 2015 KA shows the outside temp is - 3-4 all the time when it is 20+ outside? 

• 5 months later...

Hi did you get this sorted? My 2014 ka is showing it’s 29 degrees outside when it’s about 7! Reading that the sensor is in the mirror and curious if easily replaced?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I can see the sensor unde the nearside door mirror with a Philips screw next to it.. Does this screw give access? 

• 9 months later...

Hi,

mine was showing about 10 degrees too high, now showing 49 which probably is top of the scale.  Disconnecting  it (cutting a wire) shows as --- on the dashboard, so the car is getting some sort of reading from the sensor.  Might be a poor connection in the loom connector but as it is very consistently 49 degrees (so resistance not going up and down going over bumps or changing with humidity etc) suspect is a faulty sensor or the car electronics have just gone crazy. 

Ill test it with a meter but as they're only £10 on eBay etc  I might just pop one in.

• 6 months later...

Remove the passenger wing mirror, 3 x 8mm headed bolts. Remove the interior trim piece, un plug the mirror from the harness. At the bottom of the mirror you will see the ambient temp sensor. Remove this and peel back the fabric tape. Cut the wires and replace with new sensor (£9.99 ebay) and solder in place. Protect with electrical tape and redo the fabric tape. Put back together all done. 1 hour tops. Easy job. 

• 10 months later...
On 6/12/2021 at 8:28 AM, Bryleigh said:

Remove the passenger wing mirror, 3 x 8mm headed bolts. Remove the interior trim piece, un plug the mirror from the harness. At the bottom of the mirror you will see the ambient temp sensor. Remove this and peel back the fabric tape. Cut the wires and replace with new sensor (£9.99 ebay) and solder in place. Protect with electrical tape and redo the fabric tape. Put back together all done. 1 hour tops. Easy job. 

Having this exact same problem on my 65 plate, thought the temperature was off for a while now but past few days has been showing 40, 60 and 80 degrees. If I get the part on eBay is it a mechanic/garage I then need to find to get them to solder it in? Thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club