Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DPF Fluid

lasthope

had my car about 2 years now 1.6 tdci 2008 just bit info how long does the dpf fluid last before it needs topping up car had full history when I got it so don't no if it been topped up then never had any kind of warning lights on dash yet

you'll not get any warning lights until you start getting regen problems. at nearly 10 years old... id start to consider having it looked at. 

Just with a full service history for 8 years you should have had the fluid topped up at the 6 year service, but even if that were true you will probably be coming towards the end of its life, so, refilling is probably not a bad idea. 

There is also the possibility they didn't do the fluid at that service and considering the issues you might have if you get this wrong, id suggest getting it topped off just in case.

• Like 1

cheers do you know how much it holds

can you top this up your self if no warning lights to say it needs topping up without useing a computer to re set it

Empty Eolys often triggers the 'Engine Malfunction' warning with the triangle and exclamation mark.  Ideally you want to top it up before it gets to that point though.  The tank holds about 1.8 litres so 1 litre should be fine for a top up.  

There is a reset procedure by opening and closing the filler flap a set number of times if you don't have access to Forscan.  I don't know it off the top of my head but I'm sure you can find it by Googling.

• Like 3

Dont be me and have an eolys nightmare! Deffo get it checked at a garage at least! The fluid is not cheap! You can buy the "official" stuff from Ford but its almost £300 and you get i think 3 litres or something like that. I bought mine from eBay and it was a more reasonable £40 per litre. It is not the "official" fluid but does the job.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club