Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St line - 100ps model

Albo.C

I have a 3 door Fiesta ST line (2018 model) with around 4k miles, if anyone else has the same car.... What is your fuel consumption?

Mine isn't great, the computer says it's about 33mpg - I live in a slightly hilly area, some short driving mixed with motorway commute.

13 minutes ago, Albo.C said:

I have a 3 door Fiesta ST line (2018 model) with around 4k miles, if anyone else has the same car.... What is your fuel consumption?

Mine isn't great, the computer says it's about 33mpg - I live in a slightly hilly area, some short driving mixed with motorway commute.

That is low, I have the 2018 model too with a 140ps engine and I'd say 38mpg is realistic and 40 sometimes possible too - mix of town, hilly and sporadic motorway drive but with a motorway drive included in the overall mix 42mpg would be a safe bet too. 

5 hours ago, Albo.C said:

I have the 125ps MK8 and get a mixed urban / some B roads average of 42MPG. 

Motorway driving I can see about 44-46ish.

Cold weather can make a big difference but even so, 33MPG seems very low. 

I think these EB engines are very sensitive to driving style having a big effect on MPG too. 

The Mrs has a 2018 140 BhP stlx. Not sure of the mpg, not overly fussed as it is doing 5k miles a year but I know she says she has to fuel up a lot less if the Eco Mode is left on more often than not.

Lower power etc etc I know but has anyone tried running eco mode and checking mpg's?

2 hours ago, Mavroz said:

The Mrs has a 2018 140 BhP stlx. Not sure of the mpg, not overly fussed as it is doing 5k miles a year but I know she says she has to fuel up a lot less if the Eco Mode is left on more often than not.

Lower power etc etc I know but has anyone tried running eco mode and checking mpg's?

I’ve ran eco mode for about 3 months and noticed maybe 1 mpg difference if that. I’ve stopped switching it on as the difference in mpg was very small but the eco mode just makes the car feel sluggish and slow 

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I'll reset the computer and see what I get, I did expect a fair bit more out of this since I used to own ST170, smax 200bhp which I got similar mpg, my prior fiesta tdci had at least 48+ mpg (perhaps more).

Perhaps, maybe I need to give the engine more time + mileage to loosen up a bit, I might start to see improvement?

I've have to get it serviced soon, i'll ask Ford to give it a check over .

Thanks again 👍

You guys must be heavy footed on the throttle...I'm getting over 50-55 mpg from my 2018 140 St-line-X according to the trip computer (sitting at just over 56 mpg today after filling up last Thursday and resetting the trip computer), I always subtract around 3-4 mpg from this figure to account for the trip computer inaccuracy so still a healthy 46-51 mpg. 21 mile commute each way with dual carriageway & some city driving, eco mode off.

Yours does sound very low for a 100 ecoboost.

1 hour ago, martinf64 said:

You guys must be heavy footed on the throttle...I'm getting over 50-55 mpg from my 2018 140 St-line-X according to the trip computer (sitting at just over 56 mpg today after filling up last Thursday and resetting the trip computer), I always subtract around 3-4 mpg from this figure to account for the trip computer inaccuracy so still a healthy 46-51 mpg. 21 mile commute each way with dual carriageway & some city driving, eco mode off.

Yours does sound very low for a 100 ecoboost.

I am quite heavy footed but to be fair the figure depends on the drive. 50~ mpg is easily possible on a 70mph motorway cruise but the reality is most of my commute is either a 15 mile drive on through a bit of traffic and a dual carriage way split up by 3 roundabouts so constant stopping and starting and then when the road frees up, it’s quite hilly so a heavy foot becomes natural and the mpg remains at the 38 mark or I have a 3 mile drive through local roads where no stretch of the drive is long enough for the engine to have a chance to cut back on any fuel consumption. 

I go by the rule of my previous 53 plate car doing 33mpg so anything above that and better performance is a win win for me 🙂 

3 hours ago, martinf64 said:

I think you've discovered the Fiesta MPG unicorn Martin m8,  never sell it lol 

• Haha 2

My Mk7.5 1.0 ST Line has a computer which permanently overstates the MPG by about 10-12%. I reset it each time and every time is out to empirical data. I regularly get 37mpg on local driving but the computer tells me it's around 41mpg. The short gearing on my model doesn't help that. Most inaccurate fuel computer I've ever owned. My last car, a Civic, was perfectly accurate.

Never trust the computer and always work it out yourself.

13 hours ago, Popshot said:

Yes, mine also (like most of these things) normally overstates by around 10% but on rare occasions I've seen some really bizarre readings where the computer might be showing say, mid-30's, but when I come to fill up and do my own calculations I find it's been doing the usual mpg (low to mid 40's in my case).

It's been said many times but the way to accurately measure mpg is to do it yourself using the brim to brim method.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, mine also (like most of these things) normally overstates by around 10% but on rare occasions I've seen some really bizarre readings where the computer might be showing say, mid-30's, but when I come to fill up and do my own calculations I find it's been doing the usual mpg (low to mid 40's in my case).

It's been said many times but the way to accurately measure mpg is to do it yourself using the brim to brim method.

I used to use the free app Fuelio when I was tracking my work mileage and it was brilliant:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kajda.fuelio&hl=en_GB

Some really useful reports could be generated with it.  Does all those pesky mathematics for you automatically 😇

Well worth a look if anyone wants to keep track of how much dinosaur juice you're getting through.

23 minutes ago, tef89 said:

Some really useful reports could be generated with it.  Does all those pesky mathematics for you automatically 

Lol I could have used that when I was clocking big mileages on expenses. Do so little these days I've got plenty of time to work it out the old fashioned way😀

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Popshot said:

My Mk7.5 1.0 ST Line has a computer which permanently overstates the MPG by about 10-12%. I reset it each time and every time is out to empirical data. I regularly get 37mpg on local driving but the computer tells me it's around 41mpg. The short gearing on my model doesn't help that. Most inaccurate fuel computer I've ever owned. My last car, a Civic, was perfectly accurate.

I've been through the exercise of calculating my actual mpg using the brim-to-brim fill-up method and trip mileage between fill-ups, that's why I subtract 4 mpg off the trip computer reading because that was the typical difference between calculated and trip computer values. Also noticed the trip computer can give funny readings too. Once you know that, you can use the trip computer to monitor for anything out of the ordinary. As others have said if you want an accurate measurement of mpg then calculating from mileage and amount of fuel put in to fill to the brim is the best method.

Maybe unicorns do exist....lol

• Like 1

Usually when the fuel gauge needle drops under a quarter of a tank, we put some more petrol in. We then just drive around as we wish to then repeat the first steps when necessary.

Didn't think a 1.0 EcoBoost Mpg would be worth monitoring? I could fully understand with the likes of an AMG C63. 

The topic is regarding a Fiesta isn't it? 😂😂

4 hours ago, Mavroz said:

I could fully understand with the likes of an AMG C63

Funnily enough my friends who do have an AMG 63 (and a Nissan GTR) don't seem to give a monkey's about mpg😀

Our son has the AMG C63 also and it is crazy the fuel it uses..... He isn't bothered either about MPG'S and fuel consumption.

Well worth the fuel for the noise and acceleration alone. By far the fastest car I have driven or been in ...... so far.

• Like 1

Tbf, some people just like to know the figures...I've calculated MPG on every car I've owned from 60mpg diesels down to 25mpg petrols…even kept spreadsheets in the later years. :laugh:  But for me now it means I can calculate exactly how much every trip will cost so I can work out whether I can afford that drive or not.  Money really is that tight for some of us.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Tbf, some people just like to know the figures.

Yeah, I've always done it out of interest, even when not claiming for business. Also, once you get used to a car a sudden dip from your personal norm can indicate a potential problem.

Don't need to do it often these days anyway, due to only doing 5 or 6 thousand a year. Even easier with the Mrs's car - only put petrol in it 4 times last year!😀

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club