Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Start/Stop

H1ghlander1977
聽Share

Hey all,

Had the Focus mk3 1L 2014 ecoboost for a few days now. My issue is when I start the car (no matter if cold start or at temperature) the start/stop is active but within a few seconds it turns off.

No matter when I press the button, it refuses to come back on. There is nothing in the car to indicate an issue with any part of the car etc.

Just confused , as if this is a fault then I need to get it looked at under warranty etc.

Cheers all.

Ron, if you want to have a go at reseting battery monitoring, just do as follows

Ign on for 10 secs, press rear foglighr switch 5 times, press hazzard switch 3 times, wait 10 secs. battery light flashes. Ign off

use car, and see if thst fixes

found this battery flashes but start/stop turns off 馃槥

• Like 1

Have you checked what charge the battery is holding? My stop/start never works as I only do short journeys so my battery is probably always on the low side. I'm not bothered though and to be honest I forgot the car even had it.

• Like 2

Might be totally wrong here but had a rental ford transit van with eco mode.聽

After a good drive it would use the start stop. But we'll picking up my mate in the morning I'd wait out side his house the eco would kick in, when getting low it would start back up.聽

Suggest going for a bit of a drive make sure things are charged up and try

Test your battery If you can, but don't be fooled sometimes you can. Read 12-13 v dc but battery still a dud

• 2 weeks later...

I generally do a total of 60 miles trip to and from work with a few other 20min journeys inbetween.

However another new error has appeared which I think maybe tied into this issue.

I'm getting the engine malfunction service now and the car acceleration drops (like limp mode) but if I turn the car off and back on the warning disappears and car will run fine again for a bit then this happens again.

Been looking online and a lot of results are saying a new battery resolves the issue, which would tie into the start/stop not on due to the decrease in battery level.

On 3/25/2019 at 7:08 PM, WES180 said:

Have you checked what charge the battery is holding? My stop/start never works as I only do short journeys so my battery is probably always on the low side. I'm not bothered though and to be honest I forgot the car even had it.

Will check the battery anyway later and not too bothered either about s/s as long as they're is nothing major wrong. Just concerned with this new engine malfunction service now (EML light is not light at all)

50 minutes ago, H1ghlander1977 said:

Will check the battery anyway later and not too bothered either about s/s as long as they're is nothing major wrong. Just concerned with this new engine malfunction service now (EML light is not light at all)

YOu need to get your currently battery properly load tested.聽 Just popping a multimeter on it does tell you anything other than it's current voltage, what's more important is how much power/Amps in can deliver under load.

I聽 kinda hope this is somethig the dealership will do when its in but would like the battery to be replaced for if nothing else, peace of mind (Plus the cost of these batteries is eye watering)

38 minutes ago, H1ghlander1977 said:

I聽 kinda hope this is somethig the dealership will do when its in but would like the battery to be replaced for if nothing else, peace of mind (Plus the cost of these batteries is eye watering)

The battery types that are compatible with modern stop/start systems don't seem to last as long as the older types, although to be fair they get a much tougher time having to constantly restart a car engine.

• Like 1

Out off curiosity, anyone know what DTC C100_00 and DTC 1607_82 I got these 2 from the cluster (OK button test method)

1 hour ago, H1ghlander1977 said:

Out off curiosity, anyone know what DTC C100_00 and DTC 1607_82 I got these 2 from the cluster (OK button test method)

Worthless crap usually. You need to plug in to get real fault codes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well the engine malfunction service now is being caused by a vacuum hose.

glad they (hopefully) found the issue even if it is going to be Thursday before I (hopefully) get the car back.

hope they mind about the brake squeal and s/s issues too聽

How likely is the s/s issue being rectified by a new battery?

i know only real way of diagnosis is to check battery as per previous comment.聽

Ok all l,聽for those who are interested to find out things are.

got聽car back this morning, brake squeal gone, grinded the slight lip on disc.

engine malfunction service now has been resolved by then cleaning up the vacuum pump and replaced vacuum pipe.

s/s also resolved by then installing a new battery. The charged it overnight and when tested the test failed.

So started up the car and the s/s did not light up. I turned s/s off and on and it stayed on and then did the s/s at traffic lights.

so far I鈥檓 happy guy 馃馃憤馃憤馃憤

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club