Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone heard of this before?

Deano12

Anyone heard of this as a common problem with the 1.0 litre EcoBoost?

Screenshot_20190325-190758_Facebook.jpg

i've been reading these Ford forums (mostly Fiesta and Focus) for a long time and don't ever recall seeing this mentioned before.

• Like 1

I have read problems that are common 

Expansion bottle going brittle and failing. 

Dmf been ***** poor and failing on 20k or less 

Turbo issue with coolent (nylon pipe failing) suppose to help by idling the car after a hard drive or long run for 20 - 30 seconds suppose to help avoid this. 

I'm not a car mechanic but just issues I have read about the ecoboost 1.0

• Like 1

Well that's not quite what happens lol, but yes the oil pumps are a known failure on the 1.0.  The lack of lubrication then kills the engine.  

pump fails and it maintains oil pressure? or is this case of the light coming on but, meh, itll be ok...

What would people say is the preventative measure on this then? Replace pump every 20k?

What's the cost of a new pump these days?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Dee_82 said:

pump fails and it maintains oil pressure? or is this case of the light coming on but, meh, itll be ok...

The oil light does usually come on but people seem to think it's not urgent and they can still drive it home...  It often starts by just flickering on and off a few times as well.

The strainer on the oil pump tends to block up over time rather than sudden & total mechanical failure of the pump.

12 hours ago, Deano12 said:

What would people say is the preventative measure on this then? Replace pump every 20k?

What's the cost of a new pump these days?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Regular oil changes with decent oil are the best preventative maintenance you can do.  

The pumps on these are variable and semi electronically controlled so I can't see them being cheap but can't seem to find the right one online myself.

• Like 1

"The oil light does usually come on but people seem to think it's not urgent and they can still drive it home...  "

I know what you mean - people I know who don't understand how an engine works don't understand how critical oil pressure is and how important the light is.

If the oil pressure light comes on when the engine is running it means it is causing damage right now, right this very second and every second the engine is left running is doing more damage.

It's to be taken more seriously than the winscreen washer fluid warning light (actually mine does not have that)

For 30 years I have been telling my wife that if that oil light ever comes on with the engine running then stop the engine and don't drive it.  I bet if it happened today she will still drive home though and then tell me later.

• Like 5

..Agree entirely

although its actually a low oil pressure light, to have such low pressure, effectively means its a NO oil light, whereas most treat it as if its a low oil level advisory

• Like 1

re the first post,

these engine were on BBC watchdog (inside the last year) regarding coolant loss due to a cracked waterway into the exhaust port of the cylinder head....(with coolant thus leaking from cyl head into the exhaust, without any visual clues under the bonnet - other than coolant bottle going empty), I can imagine running hot will tend to cook the engine oil till its far more likely to clog stuff up but its a bit late anyway?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club