Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs sensor

Micheal25

I need help before I lose my mind, I recently changed my wheel hub and bearing, but in the process snapped my abs sensor, so I bought another abs sensor fitted it but the abs light and traction lights are still on dash, been told need to plug it in and get lights turned off, but my Speedo has started playing up could that be because the lights are still on. Any help greatly appreciated 

1 minute ago, Micheal25 said:

I need help before I lose my mind, I recently changed my wheel hub and bearing, but in the process snapped my abs sensor, so I bought another abs sensor fitted it but the abs light and traction lights are still on dash, been told need to plug it in and get lights turned off, but my Speedo has started playing up could that be because the lights are still on. Any help greatly appreciated 

you will need to get the codes cleared as for the speed its sound like it in limp mode because of the code

Speedo is driven by the ABS sensors measuring wheel speed so it looks like there's still an ABS fault there.  Was it a brand new genuine sensor and definitely fitted correctly?

I presume this is on a mk2 focus? If the abs sensor was damaged removing the old wheel bearing assembly, that means you weren’t using the correct tools to do the job? I’d say it’s likely you may have damaged the new bearing. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 9:03 AM, TomsFocus said:

Speedo is driven by the ABS sensors measuring wheel speed so it looks like there's still an ABS fault there.  Was it a brand new genuine sensor and definitely fitted correctly?

Thank you for your response turns out the abs senor I bought wasn’t the correct one as I put the old one back in and the Speedo started working correctly that will teach me to go cheap, got the part number off the old one and now ordered the correct one 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 11:02 AM, stef123 said:

I presume this is on a mk2 focus? If the abs sensor was damaged removing the old wheel bearing assembly, that means you weren’t using the correct tools to do the job? I’d say it’s likely you may have damaged the new bearing. 

Thank you for your response turns out I ordered the wrong abs sensor 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club