Do Not Sell My Personal Information

esp fault

Andy138

hi all .while driving the red battery light and the amber esp light came on, anyone know why or what it is.

1 minute ago, Andy138 said:

hi all .while driving the red battery light and the amber esp light came on, anyone know why or what it is.

When this happened to me about 5 minutes later I broke down with a flat battery and a bad alternator.  Have you checked them recently?  

• Like 1

Apparently 1 topic wasnt enough so you decided to create 2 more asking exactly the same question... and you got exactly the same reply but from a different person lol.

• Like 1

would that cause the esp light to come on .batterys fine as far as i know .

10 hours ago, Andy138 said:

Yes it would.  The best way to check is to get yourself a multimeter.  battery should be 12.4 - 12.6 volts.  Check it after it's been sat overnight.  Then start the car and with the engine running it should increase to 13.5 - 14.8 volts (ish) that is assuming your alternator is good.

On 3/26/2019 at 9:59 PM, Andy138 said:

If the battery light is coming on then something isn't right within the charging system i.e. battery, alternator or the wiring for battery/alternator would be the likely culprits.

In terms of affecting the ESP, if the ECU thinks there isn't enough power for all systems to run safely it will selectively disable systems which is why when a battery is dying people often have issues with the PAS on engine start up.

You really need to get the battery checked (properly) i.e. load tested not just putting a multimeter on it and being happy that you can see 12.5 volts and if the battery is okay the other elements of the charging system would then need to be checked as it could be as simple as a bad earth connection.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club