Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Light On This Morn,another Electrical Misery

jamesey

well here we go another electical misery , my last car was like this , ive started the car early this morning to go to work and the engine light has come on?

it still runs fine and is not in limp mode , as i said in my last post it like bangs when its about to fire up , where is the plug in for the diagnostic pc??its a ford c-max 2.0 tdci 136bhp model thanks

Which engine light is it? If its just when you start may be glow plugs, does the car run ok when on the move? I think the diagnostic port is on the underside of the steering column.

it stayed on the full 10 miles to work then i went to the shops and it was still on came back still on , but the 3rd time i started it to come home it had gone off , im still going to get it checked out , will it store the fault in the memory still.

ive had it checked out and its coming up with a p1335 fault (engine torque monitoring 2 valve above upper control limit) ive done a search on google and it seems it need a new egr valve with a stonger motor and a revised pcm calibration doing , this is why its clicking loud in a morning when i turn the engine off maybe the egr is trying to shut who knows??

ive had the light erased and it hasnt come back upto now , the car is under warrenty so it might get done no probs , the car has done 78000 miles.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club