Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2017 Sync 3 without Sat Nav

Grimskull2008

Hi all,

My other half is looking at getting a 2017 Ford Focus Titanium x with Sync 3. We have it reserved in the garage but it is well over 2hrs drive away from us.

The car doesn't have the sat nav option, but she does want to use Waze on her phone instead and connect it to Sync 3. 

My question is can you use Waze on a Ford Focus Sync 3 (once it is updated to version 3.0) if it doesnt have a sat nav/GPS?

I have a Mondeo with Sync 3 and mainly use Waze cos its great. 

Thanks all! 🙂

I would think yes via android auto. You'll have choice of Google maps or waze.

Probably best confirmed by our resident techs though when they see the thread

• Like 1

Hi Gilly,

Yes i meant to add in that it will be using Android Auto and using Waze (preferred) or Google Maps. 

Cheers, hopefully someone will know for definite and let me know! 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grimskull2008 said:

Hi all,

My other half is looking at getting a 2017 Ford Focus Titanium x with Sync 3. We have it reserved in the garage but it is well over 2hrs drive away from us.

The car doesn't have the sat nav option, but she does want to use Waze on her phone instead and connect it to Sync 3. 

My question is can you use Waze on a Ford Focus Sync 3 (once it is updated to version 3.0) if it doesnt have a sat nav/GPS?

I have a Mondeo with Sync 3 and mainly use Waze cos its great. 

Thanks all! 🙂

Seems odd that Sync 3 on 2017 Ti X doesn't have navigation.   If you have the VIN its possible to double check factory spec using ETIS.  I have a 2017 Ti X nav is standard.

Waze, Google and Apple Maps work fine with Sync 3 Carplay/Aauto.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, avi said:

You can use to

Seems odd that Sync 3 on 2017 Ti X doesn't have navigation.   If you have the VIN its possible to double check factory spec using ETIS.  I have a 2017 Ti X nav is standard.

Waze, Google and Apple Maps work fine with Sync 3 Carplay/Aauto.

Yeah, that does seem odd. Pm me the reg and I can check.

• Like 2

Hi Avi.

I dont have the VIN but i checked anoter Focus that was on Autotrader and it doesnt have sat nav as part of the Sync 3.

I remember reading last year that some Focus cars didnt have a sat nav option as part of Sync 3 (which is stupid). 

Screenshot below of the Sync 3 of the car on Autotrader. 

Sync 3.PNG

25 minutes ago, Grimskull2008 said:

Hi Avi.

I dont have the VIN but i checked anoter Focus that was on Autotrader and it doesnt have sat nav as part of the Sync 3.

I remember reading last year that some Focus cars didnt have a sat nav option as part of Sync 3 (which is stupid). 

Screenshot below of the Sync 3 of the car on Autotrader. 

Sync 3.PNG

Looking at the Ford UK price list effective 6/2/2017 navigation is standard on the Zetec up, but prior to this, it was a £300 option. So I guess if the car is a "17" plate it's probably an older build registered after March 1.

• Like 1

Did some digging, thank you to Avi... seems like there was an option with and without navigation on the Focus. 

Looks like Android Auto is included so thats fine. 

Admin can you mark this as closed? 

Sync 3 1.PNG

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, avi said:

Looking at the Ford UK price list effective 6/2/2017 navigation is standard on the Zetec up, but prior to this, it was a £300 option. So I guess if the car is a "17" plate it's probably an older build registered after March 1.

Build date Dec 2016

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Grimskull2008 said:

seems like there was an option with and without navigation on the Focus. 

Yes on the pre 2017 model year cars. It became standard in the 2017 model year on Zetec up.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for helping me, learn something new everyday!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

You can always use forscan to enable it (I think) also is she’s got an iPhone on iOS 12.1.2 or lower, she can jailbreak iPhone and install carbridge, this allows you to set any app to be see over CarPlay and it’s the iPhone version of the app not the version of the app made for CarPlay specifically.

On 4/9/2019 at 6:31 PM, Rdc74656 said:

You can always use forscan to enable it (I think) also is she’s got an iPhone on iOS 12.1.2 or lower, she can jailbreak iPhone and install carbridge, this allows you to set any app to be see over CarPlay and it’s the iPhone version of the app not the version of the app made for CarPlay specifically.

Hiya, 

turns out that this version of Ford Focus Sync 3 doesn't (happy to be corrected) have a GPS in it, so the Sat Nav option isn't available. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club