Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Ford focus St-2 Stolen

jonner101
聽Share

The best car I ever owned was stolen within seconds this evening 28th right outside my house. My Father arrived back home to see the car literally a few seconds after it was聽stolen. No broken windows so they must have somehow cloned the key fobs馃槳

Registration is HV15 BHW. Colour Red.

The car was locked and I still have the 2 key fobs. My understanding is that they continuously emit a signal which the thieves can decode.

Luckily no valuables in the car.

If you see that registration please report to Police.

Ford need to fix this as it's clearly a design fault.

In the meanwhile you could put on a steering lock and various other measures

• Sad 1

Sadly this happens a lot, I purchased a DiskLok before I got the car and some key pouches聽

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this, but they don't even need to clone or decode signal. They simply relay it.

You should keep your keys away from the front door in a shielded pouch/metal tin to act as a Faraday cage and block the signal.

Ford and other manufacturers are starting to fit motion sensors in new keys so the signal stops broadcasting all the time.

As noted above, it's also worth considering extra security too as even with your keyes protected, they can hack cars through the OBD port, although that would initially trigger the alarm, so it's not as easy as keyless relay theft.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice.

I'll let my friends know, My sister has just purchased a nearly new聽car so will pass this information on.

Sounds like a professional job then and there are many rural b roads around here so I don't hold out much hope for recovery.

I'll take聽your advice when I get a new car

聽 Much appreciated.

Fwiw, this type of theft only works on keyless entry cars. You can also ask your dealer to disable the feature if your car includes it. I think some have started adding the option to a user configurable menu.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, yes it was keyless entry model.

Good news on this, a community officer saw the car parked in a rough part聽of town. They had changed the plates but the pcn check on the plates came up and either didn't match the serial number or something else.

So currently in a Police pound having forensic checks done聽and so on.

Insurance company will take a good look and change all the locks and possible repair any damage.

Huge sigh of relief.....

Should be back home soon

• Like 6

Im glad they've found it for you.

It's just infuriating that some scumbags have caused the inconvenience, stress and now increased insurance premiums for 3-5yrs just for their bit of amusement!

9 hours ago, jonner101 said:

Good news on this, a community officer saw the car parked in a rough part聽of town. They had changed the plates but the pcn check on the plates came up and either didn't match the serial number or something else.

So currently in a Police pound having forensic checks done聽and so on.

Insurance company will take a good look and change all the locks and possible repair any damage.

Huge sigh of relief.....

Should be back home soon

I'm really pleased for you mate, I can't imagine how gutted you must have been when you realised it had been nicked and likely gone forever.

That shows the value of having police officers or PCSOs out 'on the beat'. You're lucky you still have any. Many forces are cutting back under financial pressure.

• Like 1

Yes I'm super lucky and will be thanking the PCSO. It was just pure luck especially as the plates had been changed. Probably will suffer a big聽insurance quote increase on renewal.

Anyways having been driving my loaner or courtesy car I can't wait to get her back. Any tips to get my next quote reduced would be appreciated. I had a 10 year protected NCB so my claim is still protected but the premium will increase...

The 'real police' however didn't bother doing any forensics. This is a change in policy is that it's up to the officer in charge and would have been a routine before if a stolen car was recovered. I think I will exercise my victim's right and have this reviewed by a senior officer. Seems the police and the recovery garage couldn't unlock the car !!

I will be going into a ford dealership at the weekend, partly to complain but find out if they can retrofit a more secure solution.

Even so beyond excited that I'll get the car back now.

Regards.

14 minutes ago, jonner101 said:

Yes I'm super lucky and will be thanking the PCSO. It was just pure luck especially as the plates had been changed. Probably will suffer a big聽insurance quote increase on renewal.

Anyways having been driving my loaner or courtesy car I can't wait to get her back. Any tips to get my next quote reduced would be appreciated. I had a 10 year protected NCB so my claim is still protected but the premium will increase...

The 'real police' however didn't bother doing any forensics. This is a change in policy is that it's up to the officer in charge and would have been a routine before if a stolen car was recovered. I think I will exercise my victim's right and have this reviewed by a senior officer. Seems the police and the recovery garage couldn't unlock the car !!

I will be going into a ford dealership at the weekend, partly to complain but find out if they can retrofit a more secure solution.

Regards.

A full coverage steering lock will make life a LOT more difficult for a thief, something like this should be blatant enough that no-one is likely to waste their time even trying.聽 It'll also go nicely with anyone's "ASBO Orange" ST聽:w00t:

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 8:01 PM, jonner101 said:

Regards.

Hi.

That's good news then.

If you do need any help with insurance come renewal time then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

As well as a visible deterrent like a steering lock, you need a hidden one.聽 I have fitted a hidden switch in the 12V supply to the petrol pump which means that, should the lowlife start the car, it will run for about 10 seconds and then cut out.

• Like 1

I'm delighted that your car was recovered. I've always been cynical of 'keyless' security, and here's why. I've been a fan of Start Trek since the 60s. Whenever they held a prisoner in the brig, it was always secured by a 'force field'. The criminal always ended up escaping by disarming the electronic box! I could never understand, even at the tender age of 6, why they didn't just use an iron gate like old fashioned prisons. My view has not altered in 50 odd years - electronic boxes cannot beat a bit聽 of proper sheet metal!

disklok.thumb.jpg.fc551a25a19fb27c035735bd4951fabd.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club