Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mark 7 blower motor

Pauls Fiesta

Hi all

So further to my previous post I have replaced the capacitor again and still nothing, went into garage for coil spring and they said ours the blower motor which is a right royal pain in the.... to do and they won't do it. 

Before I try and find someone else just wanted to double check if there's anything else it could be?

Fault was that the heaters would work intermittently, usually when the car started and would stop after a bit. It didn't matter what seeing they were on, I know with capacitor fault they'd often only work on 4 but changed it in case, then they stopped working at all! It's a 2011 1.4 diesel Style+. 

Also the drivers side of the heated window doesn't work but I don't suppose that's linked. 

Thanks for reading 👍

The heated windscreen has 2 separate fuses, one for each side, so you might be lucky and find it's just a blown fuse.  More likely to be a damaged wire just under the screen though.

As for the blower, it does sound like the motor at fault rather than the resistor this time.  Is the Mk7 not like the Mk6 where you could get the blower out after removing the glovebox despite people saying the dash had to come out...

• Thanks 1

Thanks Tom. I think with the Mk 7 you have to remove the pedals and part of steering column as its on drivers side from what I've seen so far on YouTube that is! 

May change the relay & keep my fingers crossed just in case!?!? 

Edit: it was the resistor I changed not the capacitor as I put on the op

36 minutes ago, Pauls Fiesta said:

Thanks Tom. I think with the Mk 7 you have to remove the pedals and part of steering column as its on drivers side from what I've seen so far on YouTube that is! 

May change the relay & keep my fingers crossed just in case!?!? 

I doubt it's the relay but worth a try I guess.  You could just swap the relay with another one for now, air con clutch or front fogs for example, obviously not something important lol.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I doubt it's the relay but worth a try I guess.  You could just swap the relay with another one for now, air con clutch or front fogs for example, obviously not something important lol.

Course, can't believe I didn't think of that! 

Thing I find strange is it worked intermittently with the original resistor but not at all with the new one

So I spoke to garage and they're sure it's blower motor as power was getting to it. Strangely enough hit pot hole last night and it came on for a bit, not long though! 

So need to replace that, any advice would gratefully received 

Strangely I went over a speed bump & it started working again for a bit but then when I hanged the speed it stopped completely. Does this sound like the motor needs replacing then or could it be something else?

It might be a poor connection somewhere.  Maybe a loose plug.  Or a broken wire.  Are you able to access the blower plug by reaching under the dash without removing anything at all?  And if so, do you have a multimeter?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It might be a poor connection somewhere.  Maybe a loose plug.  Or a broken wire.  Are you able to access the blower plug by reaching under the dash without removing anything at all?  And if so, do you have a multimeter?

Thanks Tom, I could probably reach under but do not have a multimeter. The garage said there was current getting to the fan but I am taking that with a pinch of salt as it went in there with a knocking noie, they've done the spring but gave it back with the same knocking!

Well I'd make sure the plug is in tight at least  then. 

You need to check whether voltage is consistently reaching the fan plug or not.  If there's still voltage at the plug when the fan stops then the fan is dead.  If it's a loose connection or anything else then you'll lose the voltage to the plug.  Cant really check this without a multimeter though.

• Thanks 1