Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse Gear Wont Engage.

voyagerrichard3

Hi Everybody,

I am unable to select reverse gear on my 2010 2.0tdci smax whilst the engine is running. 1st gear is sometimes difficult to engage but reverse is impossible. It slips in nicely with the engine off, and when the engine is restarted can be used nicely.

All other gears seem to be fine an the car drives well. There is no crunching or other noises when changing gears, no pedal vibration and pedal feels fine. Any ideas what this could be causing this problem? could it be the clutch on its way or the synchromesh on the reverse gear?

Sounds like the clutch is dragging . Basically the the gearbox gears are still turning stopping you from engaging reverse. Clutch worn or the clutch plate is sticking on the input shaft.either way it's box out to fix.

Thank you, wouldn't that normally effect all gears though and cause some kind of noise?  What would the damage be for a new clutch guessing its not going to be cheap.

• 10 months later...

Hi..my ford smax zetec 2014 automatic gearbox has got problem..most of time when I start the engine on then the reverse gear doesn't engage? What could be the problem?? Need help? 

Edited by Sheikh
Wrong word

• 10 months later...

Voyagerrichard3

what did you do to resolve this issue as I have the same problem?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club