Do Not Sell My Personal Information

manual adjustment for bi xenon haeadlamps.

michaelburrows

i am lead to believe i can manually adjust the bi xenons on my titanium x 62 plate by turning the small hexagonal recessed plug on the back of the headlamp unit as you look down on it to give a little more throw on headlamp beam.  i adjusted mine one complete turn and tried out. it didnt blind any on coming cars but cant say i noticed any difference. should i adjust a bit more till i start getting flashed and then turn back a little or can the adjustment only be done by machine in a garage

The manual adjustment won't give you any more distance.  The adjustment can be done by anyone but it's difficult to tell how high you can go without an MOT beam setter.  You could park facing a wall and mark the light height with chalk, then adjust it a bit.  I would still recommend having it checked by an MOT garage afterwards though.

• Like 1

ok. why wont the adjustment throw the beam further. iv always tjort my beam is a tad short.

The distance is fixed, it's set by the projector lenses.  All the adjuster does is lower the beam if it's dazzling other drivers or raise the beam if it's mostly on the floor, it won't throw the light any further.

ok. thanks. just thort mine has always seemed a bit low therefore not projecting as far as it could.  its in for an mot tomorrow. i will ask them to have a look.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

If it is like on other cars equipped with Xenon headlights, it will set the default beam height of the headlight.  The car will automatically compensate for changes in the ride height (e.g. full boot) to maintain the lighting angle that has been manually set.

On my other car which has Xenon lights I adjusted the default position to raise the headlight beam.  I used a basement car park (as my office had one at the time) as it was level and had a wall I could point the car at.  With trial and error I seemed to get it about right as no adjustments needed for MOT or failures, and I get a slightly longer range with the headlight dip beam.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

i understand what you r saying. so y then does the haeadlamp have an adjustment screw on the rear of the headlamp units

14 minutes ago, michaelburrows said:

i understand what you r saying. so y then does the haeadlamp have an adjustment screw on the rear of the headlamp units

As he said, the adjuster screw changes the default setting for an empty car.  If you then put a heavy load in the boot or an overweight passenger in the backseat the nose of the car points upwards slightly.  The automatic adjuster lowers the beam back to the default setting.  Without this, the HIDs would blind oncoming drivers when carrying extra weight in the rear.

Did you ask at the MOT if they could raise the height at all?

• Like 1

i asked them to check the beam and they said it was ok

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club