Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some mk3.5 focus questions.

Matt92

I’ve got several small questions about my car, so rather than starting a new thread on each, I was hoping I could put a few here as I remember what they are. 

Firstly, the auto wipers never seem to work well, sometimes they wipe continually when I’m parked and there is a fine mist and when I’m driving and it’s raining a bit heavier they’ll stop and go to the park position and don’t wipe again until im struggling to see. From the picture below is the rain sensor the round one on the right and does it look as if it’s coming away from the glass? I have set the sensitivity to the highest on the stalk.

09844D19-61A2-4D90-8BB5-28EDF0F15E99.thumb.jpeg.8ac09aeaef0759ce78e568d826b361f8.jpeg

Also wondering what each of the other sensors actually do? Apparently the car has autonomous braking (yet to test that😅) but I keep wondering what the others are for. I don’t have traffic sign recognition, is that something I could activate with forscan that uses one of these sensors/cameras?

Thanks in advance.

From that picture it looks like there's a massive crack across the screen but I guess that's a reflection lol...

The small round one is the rain/light sensor, it does need to be perfectly seated against the glass but I really can't tell if it is from that picture.  Is it the original screen or a replacement?

One triangle is a radar for active city stop (autonomous braking) and adaptive cruise control.

One is a camera for traffic sign recognition and lane departure warning.

I think the 3rd one is a front specific light sensor for auto high beam but not 100% on that.

• Like 1

Thank you Tom, I hadn’t noticed that until you mentioned it, but that is reflection of the telephone line going to the house.😂

I think it’s the original screen, I’ll check, but I think the sensor might not be seated correctly. There is a line at the bottom which looks like it is pressed nicely against the glass, but I think the rest might have dropped away slightly. I’ll see if I can get the cover off the inside to access the sensor and press it up.

I wonder if perhaps I don’t have a full complement of sensors behind there then, as the active city stop is the only feature of those I’ve got.

• Like 2

Right, I just went and looked, it is a genuine ford screen, so I assume the original. I pulled the cover off the inside and as predicted the sensor can be pushed against the glass. In the picture it looks like there’s a bubble between the glass and the sensor, but that disappears when it’s pushed. Looks like there should be a clip across the back of the sensor to hold it up but it’s missing, so the sensor just drops away again. I’ll see if I can buy a clip on it’s own.

Edit.

ok, I can’t seem to find a clip on eBay. My sensor has a light grey/white back. Some of the sensors on eBay appear to have a metal clip attached to them but the ones like mine don’t have anything. Does mine just use the sticky of the gel pad to attach it, or should there be a clip? @iantt you mentioned a retaining clip in this thread about auto lights, do you by any chance know the part or part number?😇🤞

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/91435-focus-2015-zetec-sst-line-want-to-make-lights-automatic/

Ahh, Ian to the rescue,👍 thank you. You’d think searching for focus rain sensor would be appropriate to find those, but they had to call them something different.

• Like 3

Clip arrived this morning, just fitted it. Need some rain to see if the wipers work better now.😂

EB42D46E-E567-4BD0-ADBA-28E1DDC1DAAF.thumb.jpeg.9f0e92fbd450c5146f36e0fefe473535.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Update to this, my auto wipers work perfectly now, I’m really pleased with my £4 purchase.😍

I thought I had more questions when I started this thread, but I seem to be getting everything sorted out slowly. 

I am curious though if anyone has a recommendation for tyres, the size is 205/55R16 91V. Currently got the original Michelin Primacy 3’s on the back and some budgets on the front. I’m looking at either primacy 4, or pilot sport 4 all round. I know my car doesn’t really need the pilot sports, but I want something that will make the car handle well when I’m enjoying a nice twisty road.

• Like 1

The good thing about 205/55/16s are that they're very common so fairly cheap even at performance level.  I'd go with the Pilot Sport 4's if you've got the budget for them.

The standard michelins are perfectly ok.

You can switch on traffic sign recognition and lane keep etc etc but it won't work without the cameras or wiring.

If the clip was missing I'd say it's had a screen in at some point

Thanks for the comments, in the end I went with the primacy 4 they worked out quite a bit cheaper plus when I decided it was time to order black circles had no stock of pilot sports anyway.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club