Mynamesbrett

Fiesta Lamda Sensor

Hi all,

According to an error code i'm getting, i need to change the bank 1 lamda sensor. How easy is this to do? I'm not super confident with cars but I don't feel like spending £120+ for a garage to do it. Any help would be appreciated.. I don't even know where the sensors are 😫

I can't remember the error code off the top off my head but I do remember it saying bank1sensor1, and yes, my engine light is on, it was going on and off to begin with, but now it's on all the time.

11 hours ago, CordonFreeman said:

What error p0130?

Did u got check engine lamp on?

11 hours ago, Mynamesbrett said:

Hi all,

According to an error code i'm getting, i need to change the bank 1 lamda sensor. How easy is this to do? I'm not super confident with cars but I don't feel like spending £120+ for a garage to do it. Any help would be appreciated.. I don't even know where the sensors are 😫

It's behind the engine, in the exhaust manifold.  In theory it just unscrews and new one screws in, but if it's rusty and seized could be a right pain!  Fortunately they're quite protected on the Mk6, not in the flow of water, dirt, salt and grit lol.

You can buy specific lambda sockets which are the correct size (22mm) and have a cutout for the cable to go through and I like to use a long bar for smooth leverage since rounding a sensor nut in the past.  You can often get away with a large adjustable spanner or even mole grips though.  It'll probably work out cheaper to let the garage do it if you don't already have the tools.  Literally take them 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

It's behind the engine, in the exhaust manifold.  In theory it just unscrews and new one screws in, but if it's rusty and seized could be a right pain!  Fortunately they're quite protected on the Mk6, not in the flow of water, dirt, salt and grit lol.

You can buy specific lambda sockets which are the correct size (22mm) and have a cutout for the cable to go through and I like to use a long bar for smooth leverage since rounding a sensor nut in the past.  You can often get away with a large adjustable spanner or even mole grips though.  It'll probably work out cheaper to let the garage do it if you don't already have the tools.  Literally take them 10 minutes.

A friend at work has offered to lend me a socket and I've just ordered the sensor, will give it a go when the sensor comes. He just took me outside and showed me where it is, seems reasonably easy to get to and looks in reasonable condition so hopefully I wont run into too many problems, thanks!