Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 Map update

NortonSS

HI

I have a 6 week old mk n4 focus with Sync 3 (software version 3.3), whenever I have entered my vin number in the Ford website it says there is a map update from F7 to F8 containing 0mb. I heard there was a problem and Ford were looking to fix it. Yesterday the Ford site told me there was a software update for the sync system, this morning I installed the software in my car and confirmed with Ford by plugging  the pen drive in my computer that the update was succesful (confirmed by Ford). On checking again it said that I was upto date apart from the map , but it still says 0mb is there still a problem?.

Yes there is a problem. I finally got the sync 3.3 update for my 3 month old focus last week but map update always says please try later ( I used to get 0MB).

I have Emailed Ford many times and they have told me there is a software problem that will be rectified but no time scale given. I suggest you Email them to complain. The more people that do this the better. UKCRC@ford.com

I've just emailed Ford with the same 'map update' problem.

My update to Sync 3 v3 (which I did on Thursday) now brings up a 'scan for available networks' message on the screen as I drive off which I have to touch to turn off.  This is a nuisance.  The only advantage I have found so far with this new software is when playing a track from my USB, there's now an indicator on the track progress bar that you can drag forward and back within the track.  Wow!

2 minutes ago, KDA said:

I've just emailed Ford with the same 'map update' problem.

My update to Sync 3 v3 (which I did on Thursday) now brings up a 'scan for available networks' message on the screen as I drive off which I have to touch to turn off.  This is a nuisance.  The only advantage I have found so far with this new software is when playing a track from my USB, there's now an indicator on the track progress bar that you can drag forward and back within the track.  Wow!

Take automatic updates off and it stops showing that 'scan for available networks' message.

On 4/6/2019 at 11:58 AM, Hair said:

Take automatic updates off and it stops showing that 'scan for available networks' message.

Thanks  - that's worked.

Another bug?  When I leave an underground car park in town during the day, the touch screen does not revert back to the bright  'day' settings.  I've got it on Auto, and it always used to work, but not since this upgrade.  Any ideas...?

sorry but this may seem a little off topic , mine is not equipped with SYNC , instead its equipped with the audio bluetooth unit with this 4.2 inch colored screen , I wonder if it has any software update that I can perform ? !!! - fiesta mk8 2019 European version.

6 minutes ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

sorry but this may seem a little off topic , mine is not equipped with SYNC , instead its equipped with the audio bluetooth unit with this 4.2 inch colored screen , I wonder if it has any software update that I can perform ? !!! - fiesta mk8 2019 European version.

If there are any software updates available, it is unlikely they will have much significance. Your best option is to check the Ford website. If you google "Ford Sync Updates", you will find the ford website specific to the country you are in and then you can input your VIN number which will then tell you if you have an update available or not. If you have, you will be able to download the file and any instructions on how to do this. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DG97 said:

If there are any software updates available, it is unlikely they will have much significance. Your best option is to check the Ford website. If you google "Ford Sync Updates", you will find the ford website specific to the country you are in and then you can input your VIN number which will then tell you if you have an update available or not. If you have, you will be able to download the file and any instructions on how to do this. 

thank you for the quick reply 🙂 by the way I'm from Egypt , a big HI to you from Egypt 🙂 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club