Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec Help/Advice Needed!

Liam Bailey

Hi there!

So i have a 2009 Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec. I have a current problem where the hazard warning button doesnt work, when pressed nothing happens. At first i thought buying a new switch with the central locking button would fix the issue but the central locking button works, so would this actually solve the problem? What else could be the problem? its like £40 for a new switch on eBay. Also having issues with the boot switch. To unlock the boot i have to use the button on the key fob. Would getting a new boot switch fix this?

Thanks!

Have you checked that you don't have any blown fuses? Worth a try given the symptoms you are describing. Strange that two switches would go at the same time so they could be on the same fuse.

I can’t advise on the hazard warning switch but I’m 99% sure replacing your tailgate switch will sort that issue, I had same problem on mine, apparently it’s a common fault, it gets wet and rusts the circuit inside..... the first time my one went, I removed the switch cleaned and dried it and re-soldered the solder joints inside, which fixed the problem for about a year, however it became temperamental again so I replaced it with a new one and all has been fine since.
Hope this helps

44 minutes ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

I can’t advise on the hazard warning switch but I’m 99% sure replacing your tailgate switch will sort that issue, I had same problem on mine, apparently it’s a common fault, it gets wet and rusts the circuit inside..... the first time my one went, I removed the switch cleaned and dried it and re-soldered the solder joints inside, which fixed the problem for about a year, however it became temperamental again so I replaced it with a new one and all has been fine since.
Hope this helps

Is it an easy job to change the boot switch? only £10 or so for one so I can get that sorted 

Is it an easy job to change the boot switch? only £10 or so for one so I can get that sorted 

Yes very easy job, it’s only clipped in and has a small electrical connector, remove the number plate which will give a tiny bit more access, look at your new switch to see where the clips are so you know where to prise.

1 minute ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

Yes very easy job, it’s only clipped in and has a small electrical connector, remove the number plate which will give a tiny bit more access, look at your new switch to see where the clips are so you know where to prise.

Ill get the new one ordered and ill give it a go! Thank you!

1 hour ago, FiestaLes said:

Have you checked that you don't have any blown fuses? Worth a try given the symptoms you are describing. Strange that two switches would go at the same time so they could be on the same fuse.

Any idea which fuse it would be? ive got the owners manual in front of me with the fuse box diagram but cant for the life of me figure out which one it is 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club