Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tire pressures - what are you setting at?

DEVSR2

My fiesta stlx came with 34psi front and 30psi rear from the dealer. Door sticker provides guidelines based on loads but I'm wondering if anyone just does xx all the way around the car?

It's not often there's a heavy load in the back but want a bit extra in case. 32psi all away around won't be bad for the car will it?

Interested to see what everyone does on their fiestas.

Thanks!

The car isn't 50/50 weight distribution, so the rear tyres are lower to compensate.

What does is say on the b-pillar for your car?

I think i was told 32F 28R 

• Like 1

Mines 33/26

• Like 2

I run at 32-33 all round 🙂

I run 32 psi in all 4, have been for years, fill them up once every 2 weeks when they get down to 27-28.

Thanks for the update all very much appreciate it

👍

Same all around, not put anything in though for at least 4 months I reckon.

7 hours ago, Jonson said:

33 / 26 as per the manual.

Same here.  Generally only me or my partner driving it.

Never lose anything according to the TPM but do check them manually every few months.

20 hours ago, MattB95 said:

I run 32 psi in all 4, have been for years, fill them up once every 2 weeks when they get down to 27-28.

Must have a slow puncture or 4 if you have to keep topping them up?

22 minutes ago, robbyvrs said:

Must have a slow puncture or 4 if you have to keep topping them up?

I thought the same, 4-5psi loss every two weeks is a lot considering I lose about 1-2 psi every two months when I top up

8 hours ago, Jonson said:

33 / 26 as per the manual.

I have played around with tyre pressure and have settled with 37/30 most of the time. which is the manual recommended pressures +4psi which is one of fords fuel economy tips. have gone higher but found a slight but noticeable reduction in grip esp in the wet. if the car is fully loaded then again I follow the manual +4psi

3 hours ago, DG97 said:

I thought the same, 4-5psi loss every two weeks is a lot considering I lose about 1-2 psi every two months when I top up

Blimey - even losing 1-2 every couple of months doesn't seem right

I have a nail in 1 of my rear tyres which looks to have been in there for a long time (i've had the car for 2 months with it in) and even that tyre doesn't lose pressure

7 minutes ago, STJAY said:

I run 36 all round on my ST.

I'd expect you to be wearing the centre of the rear tyres down faster than the shoulders at that pressure, unless you frequently carry loads?

The first thing the loss adjuster does is check your tyre pressures.

On 4/6/2019 at 5:57 PM, DG97 said:

I have to do mine every 2/3 weeks as it comes up with check tyre pressure been the same since I got the car a year ago. The should all be 33 but will drop to about 27/28 within 2 weeks 

19 hours ago, STJAY said:

I run 36 all round on my ST.

If not running a heavy load on the rear, dropping the rear pressures down to 26 as the sticker says will give you more grip on the rear and prevent uneven wear.

19 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I'd expect you to be wearing the centre of the rear tyres down faster than the shoulders at that pressure, unless you frequently carry loads?

I've run that from I've got the ST and have put 8k on the car and tyre wear hasn't been an issue.  I live down B roads and with the twists and turns of the road it helps reduce roll of the rear while cornering hard and fast.  Feels a lot better on the road.

10 minutes ago, Ad@m said:

If not running a heavy load on the rear, dropping the rear pressures down to 26 as the sticker says will give you more grip on the rear and prevent uneven wear.

Dropping down to 26 may improve grip, but I've found increases body roll at the rear.  I can cope with potential lift off oversteer and the back end slipping out more than I can be annoyed dealing with the body roll of the lower pressures. I live down some decent driving roads and she gets driven quite enthusiastically because of that.

32/26.  Don’t see any reason to change.  I rarely ever need to top them up either.

33/26 on my Fiesta MK7.5 ST-Line. I did try the suggestion in the manual of increasing them by +4 to 37/30 for better fuel economy but I found it only made about 1mpg difference over the two weeks I tried it. Returned to the default 33/26 as it feels better to me.

I check them every week and have rarely had to pump them up (about 4 times over the last 2.5 years) and usually only by 1 or 2 psi. I suspect that's more likely temperature related than loss of air. Covered about 25,000 miles now, front and rear are wearing evenly across the tyre surface with about 0.2 mm less on the insides of the fronts (effect of camber I expect?) and the front left has about 0.2mm less tread than the Front right, that's always been my observation on cars I've owned, probably due to roundabouts where you are always turning right and putting more load on the left (apart from the exit of course) unless someone has a better explanation?

got about 5mm tread left on fronts and 6.5 on rears so I'm hoping to get at least 35,000 miles out of the fronts (it's on the Continental Sport contact 4's it came with)

mine has a sticker for 33 front and 26 rear, and in case you use Eco tyres  then according to manual they should be 33 front and 29 rear ( mine was supplied with bridgestone ecopia eco tyres from the dealer )  , in case of full load its 41 for all 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Was going on a long trip last week and consulted mr google, from what I remember it said about 38/42? set it to 39 all round but this did seem rather high:blink: however the drive was fine and mpg's were well up :biggrin: