Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting rear bumper with reverse sensors and PDC

KevinR22

Has anyone fitted a bumper to an XLT model - my recently purchased 2016 model doesn't have a bumper nor camera fitted and I'm finding parking a little interesting. Is there provision in the standard loom to plug in the Parking Distance controller (PDC) or should I forget fitting a Ford bumper? 

I would imagine the looms may be there, stick you head underneath and look for a spare plug under the bumper area, . The other end at parking aid module  should be under passenger front seat under carpet. 

Unfortunately there not many ranger owners on this forum. I don't own one but sometimes have usefull information to give to those who do. 

Edit, the plug is a 6 pin plug and located on the left side next to the chassis rail if it has one . 

• Like 1

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the information. I had a look under the passenger side seat, and got a bit excited as I could see module holder and cover with a module already in place! False hope dashed though as I discovered it was a tow bar module. 😞 

No sign of any other plugs, so going to assume the loom is not present. Plan B is to fit the Ford XVision kit as the after market alternative - it won't integrate into Sync 3, but at least I'll get a beep. Or series of beeps.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond.

Yeah, the X vision kit is ok . I've fitted quite a few of those but mostly to the cars. Think I remember doing one on a ranger a long time ago. 

Put X vision kit on my focus just under 5 years ago and still work fine. Mine are integrated into the sync1 system and display screen through a special module that was available at the time. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club