Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 1.1 update AppLink

innovatetom

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Re-uploading the file as we speak. Will edit post when done.

The likelihood is that the Ford's download has the typo's on the filenames which is partly why it doesn't work. The uploaded file has simply had the filenames corrected.

**Edit** Link is good for 2 months:

https://files.fm/u/f9w36mpq

Zico

What were the typos? I can only see one slight difference in the(the one that will not work)download i got from Ford with my VIN yesterday and the one you have posted. Am i missing something blindingly obvious when comparing them?

• Thanks 1

Well I copied the files onto a newly formatted USB.

Started engine and put in USB. Went to install sync and it started.

Now I'm sat here after 10minutes and nothing seems to be happening.

No messages apart from SYNC Set at the top of the screen.

Is it done? I cant select anything like system info to see if its changed.

**Ignore** Just re-read your post and see that it started installing.

12 minutes ago, Frank Machin said:

Well I copied the files onto a newly formatted USB.

Started engine and put in USB. Went to install sync and it started.

Now I'm sat here after 10minutes and nothing seems to be happening.

No messages apart from SYNC Set at the top of the screen.

Is it done? I cant select anything like system info to see if its changed.

If it's started to install it will take a minimum of 25 minutes before it finishes. Keep the engine running and the system will say when it's restarting and finished.

• Thanks 1

Zico

You are star. Its installed and updated to 5.11.

My stereo is now correctly bluetooth connecting to my android and my music is playing once again.

Thankyou very much.

• Like 1

The two previous times I updated Sync I did need to re-pair my phone so you may be fortunate. I'm not sure why but guess the updates may have caused me a glitch.

• Like 1

repair your phone? how?

48 minutes ago, Zico said:

I meant I had to delete the phone from the bluetooth devices and re-add it.

Oh yeah i get ya. Mine just reconnected. So I'm very happy.

Cheers again.

• Like 1

All fine thanks.Updated on the drive to work. No problems at all. Can you tell me what is dfferent in this update compared to the 5.8 version I was on? Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1

@Sasqwatch not entirely sure to be honest. I think it was just some bug fixes and compatibility updates. Nothing more exciting that that. There is no readme in the Ford download.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 2:45 PM, Zico said:

Re-uploading the file as we speak. Will edit post when done.

The likelihood is that the Ford's download has the typo's on the filenames which is partly why it doesn't work. The uploaded file has simply had the filenames corrected.

**Edit** Link is good for 2 months:

https://files.fm/u/f9w36mpq

I’ve just used this and it worked perfectly - on v5.11 now. Thank you! Not sure what it means, but at least it’s up-to-date haha

• Like 1

Great I have a 65 plate as well hope this works been trying to update for months I have up in the end

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just wondering when it's updating can I still drive the car as I could update the system whilst driving to work as the engine needs to be on for about 30 mins or can you not use the car whilst updating. I know the stereo won't play music whilst updating? 

After updating my Sync 1 it hasnt got stuck again. Before that I had to disconnect the sync fuse because of my bluetooth got stuck/didn't work suddenly. Haven't seen any other changes related to update.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 9:43 AM, Neil1210 said:

Hi just wondering when it's updating can I still drive the car as I could update the system whilst driving to work as the engine needs to be on for about 30 mins or can you not use the car whilst updating. I know the stereo won't play music whilst updating? 

Hi Neil, yes you can drive to work while the system updates and use the radio as well. The system will restart sync a few times and tell you when it's done which is normally around 25 minutes.

• 2 months later...

hey guys i also have the ford files and they dont work. Can you please re upload the correct files for me. I download this file from ford SYNC1.1_768935024_Update extract to the root of the flash, and when i click the install on sync in car, it just says no software found. I think my files also have errors in the names like you say.. If i could please get the proper files.

• 7 months later...

@Zico is there any chance you could upload the file again please? I’ve bought 2 different USBs (one 3.0 and one 2.0), unzipped using 7-zip, checked the .lst files are separated and no joy! I’ve got a 65 plate fiesta so hoping your files work! Thanks so much! 

On 6/21/2021 at 11:14 AM, Kimbey said:

@Zico is there any chance you could upload the file again please? I’ve bought 2 different USBs (one 3.0 and one 2.0), unzipped using 7-zip, checked the .lst files are separated and no joy! I’ve got a 65 plate fiesta so hoping your files work! Thanks so much! 

Hi @Kimbey sorry haven't been on the forum for a few days. The file is currently uploaded here until the 3rd August.

https://files.fm/u/777mpudfz

I did mine and it took 3 different USB sticks till I found one that worked. An old USB2.0 16gb in FAT32 was the only one. What a palaver. Anyway, I left it to it while I went for a drive and just finished my McD in the car park when it finished. Perfect timing. 5.11 sorted. Updated the Sat nav with a V11 SD card and that took nearly as long but all done and happy days.

• Like 1

@Marky146I also found that the car was fussy over which USB stick I used. USB 3.0 should in theory be fine but USB 2.0 worked for me as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 1:34 PM, Zico said:

Hi @Kimbey sorry haven't been on the forum for a few days. The file is currently uploaded here until the 3rd August.

https://files.fm/u/777mpudfz

Thanks Zico for resharing, I upgraded my sync 1.0 to a 1.1 BT module so Ford didn't supply any relevant download based upon VIN, your files were the life saver! 🤘🏽

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@Zico I hate to ask, but... Would you please re-up the 5.11 files? THANKS!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club