Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Boot Open" intermittently on dash display

dk13ne
聽Share

As title says, I'm getting this message intermittently on my dash display, sometimes during the night my alarm is going off too. I changed the boot release switch and when taking it apart it had white 'gack' round the plastics. Any help would be appreciated, it's starting to do my head in now!聽馃槪聽attached photo of boot switch I removed. Thanks

Mk7 fiesta zetec S 2009聽

20190407_101832.jpg

Yes that鈥檚 very similar to what I found inside my boot release switch, I think the white gunk is supposed to be there to help repel moisture from the electrics, however the design must be poor聽as it is a common fault with moisture getting in and rendering the switches erratic or inoperative - 聽just replace with a new one and you shouldn鈥檛 have any other problems with it.

• Thanks 1

See I've replaced the switch this morning and driving after it's still doing the same thing. I cant see it being the latch? Albeit the part I bought isn't a genuine Ford part, cant imagine this is why..聽馃

No idea if the problem still exists on your non oem part, is there any corrosion on the connector that plugs into the switch? Might be worth checking and drying out if necessary聽

I鈥檓 sure you can get a special spray that is suitable for electrics and it removes moisture etc and cleans up connections. I cant for the life of me remember what it is called though. I鈥檝e used WD40 for that purpose before but I know there is a dedicated product

More than likely the microswitch in the latch at the bottom of the boot opening.聽 I work in SEAT and the majority of issues on the older models relate to the latch.聽 The button to open the boot is not likely to be the issue.聽

20 hours ago, STJAY said:

More than likely the microswitch in the latch at the bottom of the boot opening.聽 I work in SEAT and the majority of issues on the older models relate to the latch.聽 The button to open the boot is not likely to be the issue.聽

This. 聽I had to have both replaced afaik under warranty on my pre-facelift fiesta.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club