Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse Mirror Dipping

AllanB

Has anyone managed to get the Reverse Mirror Dipping working on their Edge Vignale ?

I Have followed the instruction from the Ford Website Owners Manual, and had No luck in getting it to work !

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O41702&countryCode=USA&languageCode=EN&marketCode=US&viewTech=IE&chapterTitleSelected=G1675976&subTitleSelected=G1755219&topicHRef=G1689562&div=f&variantid=6316&vCode=2fmtk5v39jbc21728&vFilteringEnabled=True&userMarket=GBR

I know its only a silly feature of the car, but if it helps to protect those lovely Chrome Wheels when parking, I want it to work.

I look forward to your comments and view on this

• Like 2

I'd never heard of this feature before but out of interest had a go with it on my 2016 Edge Sport (Auto)

Surprisingly enough it did work and I've set it to the memory. However as the article says in your link, they do dip automatically when putting it in reverse, however you have to select the mirror you want to dip first and then deselect it when you want it to rise again. That's how mine worked anyway.

Not at all relevant for this thread but my Golf has this feature and I can't get it to work either!  Worked fine when I got the car but since adjusting mirrors it's never worked since! :rolleyes:

Yeah, mine works, set mirror to where you want it, save setting and then just select LH mirror before reversing.

Yes as Trent Edge said. The set up and use of this feature is great and should be simple enough following the instructions

On 4/9/2019 at 8:47 PM, kelvin1950 said:

Yeah, mine works, set mirror to where you want it, save setting and then just select LH mirror before reversing.

How do you save the setting? The manual linked to above refers to 'memory function' but I can't find what that is.

Press and hold the memory button for the electric seats to complete that step of the process. If you don't have electric memory seats then there is no way to do it.

• Like 2

Didn't know I had this function, works perfect, the memory buttons are the (1,2,3) buttons on the drivers door if you've got electric seats, I use 1 for me, 2 for my wife. Press and hold until it bleeps. I did both mirrors, one after the other.

• Like 1

Still cant get mine to work, what am i doing wrong ?

Followed the instruction loads of times,  must be doing something wrong , but what ???

This is how I did it:

Engine on. Put car into reverse, press right mirror switch, move mirror to the position you want in reverse, press and hold one of the seat memory buttons until you hear a beep.

Put car back in park, press the right mirror switch and the mirror will move back to its original position. (The first time I set it I also had to press the seat memory button again to get the mirror back to the original position. This was odd and I couldn't replicate this when I tried to change the reversing position afterwards).

To check, put car back in reverse and press the right mirror switch again, mirror should move to reversing position. Press mirror button again to return it to original position.

It would seem that you can't have both the left and right mirrors in the reversing position at the same time.

Brilliant. only took me 3 minutes and hey presto!

• 3 years later...
On 4/8/2019 at 6:47 PM, AllanB said:

Has anyone managed to get the Reverse Mirror Dipping working on their Edge Vignale ?

I Have followed the instruction from the Ford Website Owners Manual, and had No luck in getting it to work !

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O41702&countryCode=USA&languageCode=EN&marketCode=US&viewTech=IE&chapterTitleSelected=G1675976&subTitleSelected=G1755219&topicHRef=G1689562&div=f&variantid=6316&vCode=2fmtk5v39jbc21728&vFilteringEnabled=True&userMarket=GBR

I know its only a silly feature of the car, but if it helps to protect those lovely Chrome Wheels when parking, I want it to work.

I look forward to your comments and view on this

Worked for me, thanks for the pointer!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club