Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk8 Engine Management Light

Mavroz

On the way home from work on Friday, the engine management light on the mrs 2018 St Line X lit up orange.

She rang the dealership who said it would be ok to drive unless the light turned red.

Dealership said they would sort the issue out Monday.

Received a call yesterday morning, they collected the car at 9am, leaving her a courtesy car, returning it at 2pm ish.

She was told that it was an O2 sensor which had failed and had been replaced.

Shows any component can fail at any time, regardless of age and usage.

Once again, cannot fault the service from the dealership, fantastic customer service.

• Like 1

Keep us posted if the engine light comes on again, I don't suppose they told you what code(s) came up? Me thinks P0420.

No, they didn't give the code. Doubt it will re appear as they changed the faulty O2 sensor as above post. They did say when she rang on Friday it would be an emission monitoring fault before they had even looked at the car.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago - AA came out (Ford assist) and diagnosed fault code P013700 - 02 sensor (2nd sensor lower down downpipe)

This was with the car having done 1100 miles

Another fault that seems it may become common....

4 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Another fault that seems it may become common....

Yep - dealer i used said they'd had a couple more in before mine 😞

Seem to have been lucky with mine so far (just under 6,000 miles) - as reported on other threads, no actual problems apart from the GPS shenanigans.

02 sensor seems quite a common fault - had a couple replaced on previous cars. Talking more generally, on this and other forums, you do seem to find a lot more problems nowadays with emission related items, than basic engine faults. Wonder if electric cars will fare better when the time comes?

Mine is still waiting for a replacement headlight due to a defect (looks like a dent in the lens), the previous Fiesta St-Line (67 plate new model) had both lights replaced due to the mounting brackets snapping

I'd dread having an electric car as most problems on normal cars seen to be electrical related

Our headlights have been rectified also.

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

Our headlights have been rectified also.

snapped brackets on top? i see Ford now do a repair kit for these although under warranty they should be replaced

Ours were repaired and to be fair they did a good job, there is now no movement in the light units and the problem hasn't recurred as of yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Well yet again engine warning light has come back on with loss of power (not in limp mode) - feels like it has no turbo 😞

There was no loss of power with our o2 sensor failure just an orange light.

Dealer will sort, I am sure.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone I own a fiesta mk8 2018 my engine management light came on 2 days ago and when plugged into a odb reader shows a code of p2453 which on Google shows up as a dpf fault but my cars petrol can anyone help me out on this? Would much appreciate it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luiboyblu90 said:

Hi everyone I own a fiesta mk8 2018 my engine management light came on 2 days ago and when plugged into a odb reader shows a code of p2453 which on Google shows up as a dpf fault but my cars petrol can anyone help me out on this? Would much appreciate it.

this description is from Ford Etis :

P2453
Definition:

Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor "A" Circuit Range/Performance\

So I think in your case it would be the GPF ( Gasoline particulate filter ) , my mk8 doesn't have one so I don't know exactly if they have a pressure sensor that can be replaced separately or the whole filter is faulty or may be its a bad electrical connection.

so check your GPF, its pressure sensor , and the electrical connections on it .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club