Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ecoboost injector ticks not continous at idle + whine noise !!

Eng_Ahmad1986
聽Share

Hello to all 馃檪

I'm a new member here and I'm honored to be one of you guys 馃檪

Actually I'm not a UK resident , I'm Egyptian and I live in Cairo, Egypt.

I recently purchased a brand new 2019 fiesta ( European version ) ecoboost 1.0 100 ps, 6 speed auto, current mileage is only 650 km, and I have a couple of questions that I need your help regarding them. first of all we all agree about that loud tick noise of this little but powerful ecoboost 1.0 injectors which is very noticeable at idle, but what I have noticed also is these ticks from time to time are not continuous !!

what I mean is sometimes when at idle I can here these ticks are ON for 2 seconds and then they completely disappear for a fraction of a second, then on again for 2 seconds then again disappear, this could continue to happen for about 2 or 3 minutes before reverting back to normal continuous ticks, however there is no irregular rpm behavior to note, this doesn't happen all the time , but it does happen some times ( there aren't any malfunction warning light turning on at all during this !! ) do you have any explanation ? another thing is when cold starting in the morning I can feel irregular vibrations in the cabin as if somebody is pushing the car body softly from outside, random intermittent ( but soft ) vibrations that disappears after a minute or so, again is this normal ?聽

my last question is about a very soft low whining noise that I can here at low speed , I can here it from my driver;s window when I pass by a parked car, a very soft whine, I'm not sure is this normal turbo whine or something wrong with the engine ( I think it has nothing to do with the transmission since I tried to coast in neutral at slow speed and I noticed the sound going up and down when I press and release the accelerator pedal while in neutral ) may be , just a guess !! 馃檪 馃檪聽 after all I have never owned a turbo charged car before and I don't know how the turbo feel and sound 馃槃 馃槃

Really thank you very much for considering , and to you all a big HI from Egypt 馃槃 馃槃

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club