Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit Sat Nav

ASF22

Hey guys, first post here. I had a 66 plate Ford Fiesta ST-Line and it had a Sat Nav. I had it for 9 days and then it got stolen unfortunately. I am now back with a new fiesta. It’s a black edition ST-Line (17 plate) and has the same extras and stuff except for a Sat Nav. My question is can I buy a stereo unit off eBay that has a satnav and simply replace mine? If possible what will I need to do and is there any compatibility issues I will need to check? 

If this is in the wrong place then I can move it. Thanks in advance. 

It's not far off a plug and play system. You just need to activate it on the ECU, fortunately Forscan makes this as easy as it can be.

You’ll need a cheap GPS antenna also. 

There’s a few guides on here showing all the requirements. 

2 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

It's not far off a plug and play system. You just need to activate it on the ECU, fortunately Forscan makes this as easy as it can be.

Hello,can you advise where to find guide how to do that?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Tuha said:

Hello,can you advise where to find guide how to do that?

Thanks

4 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Ah thanks man, really appreciate it. Thought it would be better for me to ask the obvious now before I spend any money. I'll look into Forscan I've heard things about it.

4 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

You’ll need a cheap GPS antenna also. 

There’s a few guides on here showing all the requirements. 

Didn't realise it was so common for people to do it. I'll look at them now thanks. 

Looking at doing this as it does not sound too much of a job except doing the wires !!.However it seems that finding the set up is the problem, loads out there but very few that are complete. Am i correct in thinking that all systems with the nav will have the dab radio otherwise i will have to make sure any purchased item has a dab radio not as simple as asking these breakers.

Another point i thought of is that as my car has the higher end system would it be possible to get just the nav fascia and screen/cowling or is there something in the guts that is different obviously the screen is but as for the unit itself im not sure.

Edit: sat nav works fine with the existing radio i had

Does anyone know what pin numbers are what on the screen connector viewed from the back and what radio connector you link the extra wires too. My radio has two connectors.

Sorted.  On the display  screen connector pin 12 is blue/green   pin 6 is blue.  On the c1 big connector that goes into the radio pin 5 is blue/green   pin 4 is blue

All in and working well. The only issue i had was with the female to female fakra lead i got as the Ford connections slots were different but a bit of remodelling has got it sorted.

The connections between pin 12 and 5 and 6 and 4 were not too bad i never had the wiring in the c1 adapter so just made up the wires and plugged straight into the holes the display end i was able to splice into which is a lot easier when you slide out the connector and wires from the housing.

All up another good addition done.