Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Focus piggyback fuse query.

Paul Casson

Good morning,

would anybody be able to advise me as to which fuse would be best to piggy back for my dashcam as the bugger is constantly live from the ciggie lighter? Also my missus has got a 2005 Focus with the same issue.

Cheers

Paul

On your car use fuse 105.
On other car use fuse 52.
Both are the rear window demister circuit.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

Good stuff, ta muchly.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1

i use Fuse 131 which is ACC , so not live (2009)

Fuse 131 should relate to the Rear wiper

• 2 weeks later...

Could anybody recommend a suitable manufacturer of said piggyback as i bought one off amazon and the supplied fuses don't even fit its own slots.

Ta 

1 hour ago, Paul Casson said:

Could anybody recommend a suitable manufacturer of said piggyback as i bought one off Amazon and the supplied fuses don't even fit its own slots.

Ta 

Somebody correct me if im wrong, :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Add-A-Circuit-Piggy-Back-Fuse-Tap-Mini-Blade-Fuse-Holder-120x-5-30-Amp-Fuse/123197128389?hash=item1caf1efec5:g:lAUAAOSwHrlcI9CT

I think i must be doing something wrong. I've tried both 105 and 131 and i'm getting nothing. I 've put 2 25 amp fuses in 105 and 2 15 amp fuses in 131...is this correct?

Cheers

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

I've plumbed for the Nextbase hard wire kit and was successful with my 09 focus but every switched fuse tap i try in my missus' 55 focus powers the camera up without switching the ignition on...don't think this should be happening. Can anybody offer any advice please.

Ta

You want to be putting the original fuse in the bottom of the fuse tap. You only want to put a fuse in the top that will blow if your wire shorted to ground. Max 5A normally suffices for dash cams.

And you need to check the supply/load arrangement of the fuse slot that you intend to use, or your piggy back current will add to the load current of the existing fed supply and total current will flow through that fuse....  The common side of the piggy bank (!!!) should be in the supply side of the selected fuse slot.

I have not studied the Focus fuse box, but if you have two empty slots for a trailer control unit (TCU), one may be permanent and the other switched by the ignition.  This is what I have used on a Fiesta for a few additions.

2009 Models have a fuse box like this:

I would suggest Fuse 131 as that is the rear wiper and ignition switched

spacer.png

2005 Models have a fuse box like this: 

I would suggest using Fuse 78 as that is the rear wiper and ignition switched

http://fotohostingtv.ru/show.php/21108_knigaproavtoru04113856.jpg.html

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club