Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Back To Black Cleaner?

Priapus

Hi, just got an old Ka, and the bumpers need bringing back from their current pale grey.

Any suggestions for the best stuff to use? I've tried Turtle Wax 'Black in a Flash', which isn;t bad, but the area above the exhaust has been stubbornly resisting.

Any help appreciated.

Hi i use carplan back to black spary on my fiesta door mirrors etc iam sure it will be ok for you ka bumpers you will need a good few cans tho you can get the spary from any motor part store or even try supermarkets. think it work out has few quid a can a big 500ml one. hope this helps.

Hi i use carplan back to black spary on my fiesta door mirrors etc iam sure it will be ok for you ka bumpers you will need a good few cans tho you can get the spary from any motor part store or even try supermarkets. think it work out has few quid a can a big 500ml one. hope this helps.

carplan or turtle wax irf they are really grey consider respraying them other than that a good clean and a good few coats of back to black spray on and leave dont wipe off though keep building it up or an old trick is to use coconut oil im sure it is but if its really grey ide paint them

Aerospace 303 Protectant, used it on all plastics and rubber to get them really black, whether inside or outside the car. Good for detailing your engine bay too.

WD40 is also not bad at this.

a guy up by my mums his daughter used to have a v reg ka same thing happend the bumpers discoloured and what the guy done was paint the bumpers which looked like black gloss paint :lol: it looked good from a distance untill you got close up :( me personally i would not recomend that but what you could do is try and find body coloured ka bumpers to match the car save using back to black my the cans

a guy up by my mums his daughter used to have a v reg ka same thing happend the bumpers discoloured and what the guy done was paint the bumpers which looked like black gloss paint laugh.gif it looked good from a distance untill you got close up sad.gif me personally i would not recomend that but what you could do is try and find body coloured ka bumpers to match the car save using back to black my the cans

yeah theres plenty of scrap ones with color coded bumpers on them if i was spraying ide use a satin black i think put it this way the hassle of fitting coded bumpers is better than spending a wad on back to black

Try some shoe polish or ground nutmeg oil

thats the one nutmeg oil i kept thinking coconut oil got coconuts on the brain wink.gif

thats the one nutmeg oil i kept thinking coconut oil got coconuts on the brain wink.gif

:lol:

Coconut might leave the car smelling nice though :D

Baby oil, or smooth peanut butter! Seriously! Not advised in Summer though, as the Bee's tend to chase you!

Try feebay (ebay) if you don't mind me asking were in the uk are you has in liverpool there are forever ka in scrap yards.

Peanut butter is a fantastic trim restorer - that wasn't a joke :lol:

Ground nut oil is also excellent, however - it sounds to me like you're wanting to actually remove marks rather than cover them, as a result, I'd say go down the WD40 route.

Peanut butter is a fantastic trim restorer - that wasn't a joke laugh.gif

Ground nut oil is also excellent, however - it sounds to me like you're wanting to actually remove marks rather than cover them, as a result, I'd say go down the WD40 route.

well today i used turtle wax back to black gloss shine restores to factory colour and by jove does it work deep glossy black and the trim does look like new best turtle wax product ive used

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club