Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting sony dab radio

tlo

Ok gang before I start I want to say I googled and looked at the how to pages on here but still can not find what I want .I managed to get a ford/sony dab radio out of a kuga . As I am sure you are aware the fusion aerial connector is just a round plug ,but the the aerial connections on the back of the radio are black and white jacks . Please tell me there is an adaptor I can get for my car :sad:

20190412_130634.jpg

20190412_130642.jpg

There might be an adaptor, but I think you might need the Kuga antenna, and it might even need a pre-amp.

Thanks paulkp I have managed to find an adaptor for the car and the radio, I can listen to a cd so I do not think I need an amp am I right in thinking the sony has its own power for the dab radio ? I hope to get the parts this week so fingers crossed

I'm thinking that the antenna adaptor would be fitted with a pre-amp, splitting the output into AM frequencies and VHF/DAB frequencies which would then connect into the two sockets on the back of the radio.  DAB frequencies are about 200MHz if I remember correctly,

What type of adaptor were you referring to ?

Sorry for the late reply been mega busy and for some reason I am not receiving replies anyway by adapter I mean cable sorry .I have got it all sorted and working DAB,FM all I have to do now is get and sort out the bluetooth.With the radio coming out of a kuga any idea if I will need a bluetooth module from a kuga or would another ford fit ? I didn't need a pre-amp  or a different aerial so, so far so good, I did read somewhere the sony radio has its own power for the dab so do not need a pre-amp splitter for the Ariel

Good, glad to see you got that all sorted !

I know nothing about bluetooth so cannot help you there.

• Like 1

no prob mate I will keep you informed just in case anyone else wants to change there radio

Found the loom and have the bluetooth module and mic coming soon fingers crossed just as a matter of interest anyone know where the wire is for the mic ? some were behind the clocks I have been told

found it sorted it and it all works:biggrin:

Good to hear all working.

I'm an old fogey that sticks to CDs, I'm not really into Bluetooth/MP3 !

Keep the shiny side up!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi David,What adaptor/cable did you get to connect the aerial to the black and white jacks?

Thanks Andy

• 7 months later...

Hi, where about did you locate the bluetooth, I have what I suspect is a Sony cd radio possibly from a Kuga as well but the bluetooth does not recognise and the hands free on the stereo won’t do anything either,just says audio muted. Any help or advice would be great.Have attached picture of stereo if anyone can help.

63898A26-B667-46C8-8634-DB792D02E1E8.jpeg