Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuse 63

Stevesixty7
聽Share

Hi all. The central locking on my car suddenly stopped working last night. None of the buttons on the key fob work, neither does the boot button. First thing I did was replace the fob battery but still no joy. My biggest problem right now is that the rear doors are deadlocked and I can't open them. Is this most likely the fuse then? I know it's located on the rear of the fuse box which looks like a pain to get to. I could remove fuse 34 as that's for the power sunroof which I don't have and replace the (hopefully) blown one.

Has anyone here had the same issue, and if so, how easy or hard is it to get to?

Thanks.

UPDATE. I've not had chance to check the fuse yet as it'll likely take a bit of time to do. I have seen elsewhere that the Siemens control box in the drivers footwell could be the culprit. When I press the fob buttons I can hear clicks from the unit. It has five plugs into it. Unplugging the first one kills the interior lights and footwell lights. Plugging it back in made the unit click again which makes me think it is the fuse. I didn't want to unplug the rest in case something bad happened, I need the car for work tomorrow. I'll have a go at getting to the fuse when I get home tomorrow.

Hi all. I can confirm that it was indeed fuse 63 (thankfully) and I can also confirm that it is a bit of a pain to get to, but with the help of a pair of long nose pliers, I was able to do the job in about 15 minutes. I can now use my rear doors again. 馃檪

Contrary to a YouTube video, you can get to the fuse without removing the glove box door, trim underneath or cutting a cable tie. Once you've taken out the two bolts holding the fusebox in place, there is just a couple of clips to push to get it out. You can then spin it 180 degrees to see the back side of it. I'd recommend the long nose pliers at this point to remove the fuse, it's almost covered by a wiring loom that is cable tied but you can聽 move it to the side just enough to pull the fuse out and put in the replacement. I hope this helps others who may encounter this issue.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club